May 09, 2024, 10:09:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS-Timing adjustment question

Started by wolf_59, October 23, 2011, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf_59

Once you have Vtuned and adjusted timing to address knock retard and Vtuned again, How much timing would you be able to put back in the MAP areas that you would take out of closed loop. For instance if you removed 2.5* in the 80 MAP 1500-2500 rpm range and now want to take the 75-90 MAP out of closed loop to say 13.5 AFR you should be able to put some if not all of the timing back in.
Any rule of thumb or would you just start by adding 1* at a time

Herko

Since you're going from stoich-ish (closed loop) all the way back to 13.5, put the 2.5 deg. back in and give it a run. Not going to see much with only 1.0 deg changes especially when testing on the road where test parameters are seldom constant.

Or set 13.5 in the area(s) you mention,  leave the 2.5 out, and see how she feels/looks per the data.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Steve Cole

When adjusting on the road I typically will move 2 degrees at a time. This is an amount that is still within the ability of the knock control system to handle.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

wolf_59

Thanks for the replies
Herko and Steve - I'll try it both ways by running where timing ended up at closed loop at stoich and bump to 13.5 in higher map ranges and again with adding 2* timing back in at a time to see how it performs, Just needed some good advice which is excactly what I got

wolf_59

Added 3* in the 70-90 MAP areas ( I always have to push it some  :embarrassed: ) ended up taking out 1.5* in the 3000-4000 rpm 80-90 MAP ranges and .5 - 1* in the 2500 - 2750 rpm and 70 MAP areas
The results were nothing less than outstanding  :up: bike is running absolutely great
Thanks to all the contributors on this site from the O2 conversion, the TTS tuning tips, tuning tips in general
Great site and members