May 08, 2024, 05:29:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Question about using a V-tune from one bike on another with same build

Started by Nebraskarider1, November 25, 2011, 07:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraskarider1

I have an 09 Ultra, all stock other than SE Fatshotz, Ness Big Sucker and am going to put in 48h cams this winter. My question is if I use Mayors final tuning file from his tuning thread, what kind of results can I expect? I know its not gonna be perfect and was just wondering if anyone else has used his file and how it worked out.

Admiral Akbar

Its not the same build for 1..

Or did mayor use fatshotz?? I thought his were internal baffled Trapps

Max

mayor

Quote from: MaxHeadflow on November 25, 2011, 08:42:55 AM
Or did mayor use fatshotz?? I thought his were internal baffled Trapps
you're thinking of my RK (it has the IDS mufflers).  My 48 bike has SE fatshotz like Nebraska is running.  If he added the 48's, the only difference would be in choice of hi flowing ac (mine's an SE).   

I'm not aware of anyone else trying it with as close of similar build.  I know a couple who has used parts of it for other bikes, but not that cal as is.  I might be a little biased, but I say go for it Scott.  It's not going to be absolutely perfect, but it's likely every bit as close as a download would be to a SE specific build. The one thing I would suggest is do at least a couple vtune runs to dial in the closed loop area, and maybe a data run to check the timing for your specific engine and available gas. I'll commit to any help you might need along the way too.     

warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Jeffd

I have compared the big sucker to the SE ac and they are so close to being the same I doubt there is any difference in flow.

Rider57

Go for it. I have done the same thing on builds that were not that close and it works as a great starting map.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

Nebraskarider1

Sounds like a plan, I will take you up on the offer Mayor. When I get ready to get started I'll just continue under this thread. Thanks for the replies.