May 08, 2024, 03:48:59 AM

News:

tmax and idoit light question

Started by davidrmitchell, March 12, 2012, 11:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidrmitchell

Not a problem just curious, when i turn on the ignition switch the only light that comes on is the engine light. Seems like the battery light would come on for a second or two. 2006 wide glide with t max no security. Just wanted to know if someone else that has the t max can tell me if there battery light comes on at all when the ignition switch is turned on?
2006 Wide Glide High Flow A/C  Thundermax Auto tune.

zoot

No    at least mine does not show the charge (battery) light.    But you might experience it showing while riding. Sometimes all the gauge lights come on (battery light shows then) and speedometer and tachometer are dead. Don't know what causes this (Pete did not have a answer)  but shut off bike and restart and everything is fine. This is the only time I have seen the battery light.  I have a 07 Dyna

davidrmitchell

Thanks for the response. Was just curious to know as I was not sure if the Battery light was possible burned out.
2006 Wide Glide High Flow A/C  Thundermax Auto tune.

Pilgrim

Quote from: zoot on March 12, 2012, 04:07:02 PM
No    at least mine does not show the charge (battery) light.    But you might experience it showing while riding. Sometimes all the gauge lights come on (battery light shows then) and speedometer and tachometer are dead. Don't know what causes this (Pete did not have a answer)  but shut off bike and restart and everything is fine. This is the only time I have seen the battery light.  I have a 07 Dyna

I had exactly the same thing happen as I slowed down from a 100+ mph blast.  I'd been running fast thru some curves, rpm up and down from 3000 to redline, then wfo in 4th.  I looked down during slowdown and saw it. Stopped, cycled the switch, and all was well.

Pilgrim
Your bike is $2,000 away from being dead, solid perfect.  And it always will be.