March 28, 2024, 02:06:40 PM

News:

Show your FXR

Started by Reddog74usa, January 18, 2009, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog74usa

January 18, 2009, 08:49:45 PM Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 06:05:42 PM by Reddog74usa
We had a nice post on the ol HTT Lets see em over here on the new site.

87 FXRS with a Twin Cam Drivline

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Grumpy : (

My first '86 FXRD.

The Second one, after the crash.

The last one, stripped down a bit.

I still have the last two, but don't ride them anymore, since buying the 08 RG.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

Buddy WMC

RD,
Can you PM me in regards to posting photos? I'm not the most computer lierate guy in the world.
Thanks, Buddy...

ClassicRider2002

THERE ARE SOME ABSOLUTELY GORGOUS FXR'S HERE......

great "THREAD" IDEA.....   :up:

who can I e~mail a couple of photos to since I have no more photo storage.....and I don't want to use a photo storage website yet....lol

:gob:
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

elvislee

February 09, 2009, 02:02:53 PM #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:04:35 PM by elvislee
Hey guys; I second what Classic said; all these Fxr's are rockin! If ya know anyone else with an Fxr; ask em to kindly post it up if they feel like; I love seeing these bikes! :up:

fdrdr1

All these FXR's lookin good- keep postin pics! baldonefxr I like the mods on your ride!

ClassicRider2002

Buddy.....

I for one am looking forward to seeing your bike when you get it FINISHED!!!!   :up:

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

Buddy WMC

Tim,
I think you'll like her :wink:. I can't wait to see what handling differences the CCE sperical bearing kit in the swingarm and new 1" lowered front end with the Gold Racetech emulators will do. Trust me, we did not overdo the suspension and only need to decide on a front tire size. We'll either run the current larger 100/110 or go back to the factory 90/100. It depends on how the bike sits after she gets off the lift.

ClassicRider2002

Mike,

Of course yours looks AWESOME....

Buddy....

I will look forward to seeing it when it's done...

Reddog~~

That cranberry is beautiful......

There are some outstanding reflections....here....

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

baldoldfxr

elwoodb7

March 21, 2009, 07:05:02 PM #10 Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:33:27 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
 Update on my winter project...Got er done! Have about 60 miles on the fresh top end. EV27 cam and an 89 inch S&S stroker kit. Dumped the milled screamin eagle heads for a set of stockers to get the compression down to around 9.5 to 1. Swapped the Dyna S in favor of an Ultima ignition and I plan to add a VOES which was removed by a previous owner. Dyna Pro Pipe I picked up on Ebay modified to fit. New braided oil & brake lines. Still need to get her dialed in but this is one fun ride! Here's some pics of the bike back together.

pwmorris

Nice reddog!
You guys have some beautiful FXR's!
Here's my 91' FXR which has beed modified a bit. I also posted it in twin cam engine section cause' I put a twin cam in it.-

By , shot with at 2009-04-20

Reddog74usa

Sorry PW is there a bike in that Picture  :hyst: Man that thing draws em eh :wink:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

fxr4mikey

YEAH Buddy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sounds like the rebuild was a success !!

That one picture sure leaves me wanting more !!!

Can't wait to see some more !!!!!!!!!!!
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods
.030 HG Wood W6 Cam HSR42 Carb

Reddog74usa

Buddy, That is an awsome bike. Nice to see you kept it lookin like an FXR. Great engine combo to. the best bang for the buck deal goin for the   Evo's  :beer::up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

harleytoprock

Hey Buddy, Purty FXR! How long is that fork from the top of tube plug to the axle center?

Buddy WMC

Quote from: harleytoprock on May 11, 2009, 06:34:03 PM
Hey Buddy, Purty FXR! How long is that fork from the top of tube plug to the axle center?

Frank's sent longer length tubes the first time as thier standard length FXR is too long and we had to send them back for replacement. These were set at 25 3/8". The FXRT for example and some of the other models use 2" longer tubes standard. Although more expensive, Frank's tubes are simply the best. They are centerless ground then hard chromed and are not as shiny as other brands. They will not chip or peel and installed very easily using a plastic wedge on the triple trees. Been using them on builds for about 30 years.

ClassicRider2002

Buddy~~

Thanks for sending me your photo of your FXR.....it's LOOKING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see photos of it with a different background!!!!  You have done some very nice things to your FXR!!!!

Hopefully you will be splattering some bugs soon.....after you get all the other "bugs" worked out.....LOL

Regards,

"Classic"

oh and omgtkk.....just gotta love another Arresting Red FXR2....congrats on a fine bike!!!
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

Buddy WMC

May 12, 2009, 11:58:50 AM #18 Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:59:18 AM by Buddy WMC
Tim,

No bugs at all with the bike on Saturday after almost 190 miles, she ran great. We DID get splattered by the love bugs on the back country roads and I'm still cleaning my cylinder fins out!! More importantly were the mods you asked about earlier with the Racetech Gold Valve Emulators in the 39mm front end with the 1" lowering kit and the CCE rear swingarm kit. Both are keepers and make a big difference in the handling. The bike sits level now instead of pitched up in the front and tracks like it's on rails up to 85mph. Now's the time not to screw with her anymore and just ride  :teeth:. We are going out again for a run on Saturday and do the same thing, but a different route. The only thing left to do is take some more photos and change the headlight bulb.

Special thanks to Tim, Steve, Mikey and some other members for sharing their thoughts and ideas.

Best Regards,
Buddy....

fxr4mikey

yeah Buddy !!!
That's a REALLY REALLY GOOD JOB you did on your build man !  AWESOME

More Pics PRETTY PLEASE  !!!!!!!!!!!
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods

Buddy WMC

Quote from: fxr4mikey on May 19, 2009, 05:21:33 AM
yeah Buddy !!!

Mikey,
I'll try, It's a PITA to transfer and down size them on Photobucket then move em over here. Been having a problem doing that.

fxr4mikey

Quote from: Buddy WMC on May 19, 2009, 06:51:04 AM
Quote from: fxr4mikey on May 19, 2009, 05:21:33 AM
yeah Buddy !!!

Mikey,
I'll try, It's a PITA to transfer and down size them on Photobucket then move em over here. Been having a problem doing that.

yeah, I know .... there is a tool from MS that you can use to 'resize' them.  I use that, then upload to photobucket ... then 'link' to them from here

if you go there ... look for 'imageresizer' in their power toys area .... if you need/want I can go find it and post up a link
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods

fxr4mikey

Giddy UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY NICE Buddy !!!!

Thanks for makin the effort to put up some more pics for us !!!!!!!!!!

Bike looks FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear too that yur not having any problems with it .... AWESOME !!
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods

Buddy WMC

Mikey,

Thanks for the compliment. This was a long labor of love between my best friend, Bro here and myself.
BTW, at 100mph my Bro's 106" Shovel Dresser was hauling the friggin mail and still pulling with two up :up:. If you take pride in your bike and the work you do, the rest comes along with it. She still needs some finishing touches like maybe a 113 like RD's :teeth:.

Naear

Nice work Buddy she sure looks perdy! :up: