March 28, 2024, 08:11:38 AM

News:

FXR RELATED TOPICAL INDEX

Started by ClassicRider2002, November 20, 2008, 10:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassicRider2002

November 20, 2008, 10:55:55 AM Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:28:30 PM by ClassicRider2002
Hello everyone.....

As a 1999 FXR2 "Arresting Red" Owner......

Since the EVO 1340 Section of HTT moves a bit slower than the TWIN CAM SECTION.....I have been pondering the idea of having a quick and easy guide to help FXR Owners locate TOPICAL DISCUSSIONS that relate to our bikes specifically.  I truly wish we had a specific FXR SECTION here within the website, but I realize this would only result in Road King Owners desiring a Section and Road Glide Owners desiring a Section and on an on.....humorusly right now the V~Rod Owners are the most fortunate....lol since they have their own Section.....

So here is what I am thinking with this THREAD, anytime someone begins an FXR Theme Related TOPICAL DISCUSSION, I will simply list the TOPICAL DISCUSSION via a "LINK" within this THREAD which will allow others to read about a TOPIC they desire.....so if I happen to miss a FXR TOPICAL DISSCUSSION anyone can feel free to privately message me and make me aware of the FXR TOPICAL DISCUSSION and I will list it here....

After all there are over 75,000 FXR Owners.....and as I see it in order to keep our bikes on the road as the years move forward we are going to have to rely on each other from a stand point of Tech Support, Modifications Support, as well as Part Location Support. 

If after several months this THREAD isn't doing what I envision it to do, I will simply ask for the Moderators to remove it unless I can remove the THREAD since I am the author....(at this time I am not sure how removal of threads works).

Whenever I do find a great FXR TOPICAL DISCUSSION I will link it to here as well.....hopefully with time this will be benefical to us as FXR Owners. 

Also if you guys/gals will contact me via private personal message with any "links" you discover that you like, then I can post them here and keep things in an "orderly format".  This will keep us from having "pages" of individual "link" attachments per say.

Regards,

"Classic"

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

ClassicRider2002

November 20, 2008, 11:32:56 AM #1 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:22:55 AM by ClassicRider2002
As we all will eventually learn, but in case someone is not aware, simply place your cursor over the "TEALED TOPIC DISCUSSION" below which is a "link", once your cursor is positioned over it click your cursor, which will send you to the link where you can view and read the FXR TOPICAL DISCUSSION:

It should also be noted that some "LINKS" below take you to other websites, thus the ability to see "photos" may require that one must become a "member" in order to see such "visual" results, in most cases membership is free.

AVIATION GASKET CEMENT:

GENERAL TOPICS:

FINAL GEARING RATIOS:

IGNITION MODULE DISCUSSIONS:

FXR ENGINE REBUILDS:

FXR GENERAL MODIFICATIONS:

FXR/EVO ENGINE DISCUSSIONS:
*Within the above attached THREAD I am "FXR2evo99". 
   There are a total of 43 posted "REPLYS" into this THREAD, and basically starting
   at "REPLY" #23 begins where you will find the most interest. "REPLYS" #23 - 31 are
   the most informative for any EVO ENGINE
.  Some of the information within this
  "THREAD" will relate to working within the "frame" of the FXR butttttttttt "REPLYS"
  #23 - 31 will be "UNIVERSAL" to the application of any EVO ENGINE
.  This "THREAD"
  also shows photos of the actual gaskets and part numbers that I have used on my
  EVO ENGINE [99' FXR2] which have been successful.
  You have to become a "MEMBER" TO SEE THE PHOTOS, HOWEVER     
  there is no cost associated with becoming a member.

FXR/EVO TRANSMISSION DISCUSSIONS:

FXR FRONT FORK & SUSPENSION MODIFICATIONS:
*even though this "THREAD" addresses Cartridge Forks For An FXDXT One Could Always Attach Such Forks To An FXR, Thus Providing A Alternative To Simply Changing Springs Or Fork Oil Or Adding Race Tech Emulators.

FXR CAM MODIFICATION:

FXR STARTER PROBLEMS    *NEW TOPIC 05-11-2012

MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

fxr4mikey

Tim,

Thanks for all your hard work man !!

There is some TRULY valuable information in this thread .....

We need to find a way to 'inform' folks to look here !!

Great Job !

I need to pick up where you left off ...... use the stuff that you typed up on the rocker boxes, and they what I did on the lower end  :D
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods
.030 HG Wood W6 Cam HSR42 Carb

Hoist!

Holy crap Tim!!! You never pointed me to this thread before! What an effort! Thanks man! :up:

Hoist! :smiled:
"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

elvislee

Quote from: Hoist! on February 06, 2009, 08:32:26 AM
Holy crap Tim!!! You never pointed me to this thread before! What an effort! Thanks man! :up:

Hoist! :smiled:

So you didn't know what our good buddy Tim was up too uh? Well he's been a busy, busy man posting all this great tech stuff up  :up:

RedFXR2

Tim, Mike, Blaine and Howie.  Good to "see" you guys again. :soda:

fxr4mikey

Quote from: RedFXR2 on March 13, 2009, 07:34:54 AM
Tim, Mike, Blaine and Howie.  Good to "see" you guys again. :soda:

Ditto Mike !!!  Welcome, glad you showed up over here !!!!!!  Good to have ya !!
80" EVO - FXR4
SE Heads w/Adj pushrods
.030 HG Wood W6 Cam HSR42 Carb

pwmorris

As usual, Classic, you have done a great detailed and in depth description of the various aspects and subject matters detailing the great FXR!
Thanks I know all FXR owners can really appreciate it...

ClassicRider2002

pwmorris~

Thank you for positive remarks....glad to see you made it over here......your addition to this site and to others with their FXR's will be invaluable!

and to the rest of you as well, thanks for your reflections....

If anyone sees something they feel would be great to add to the above "LIST" make me aware of it....via private message or here for that matter.....

Us FXR boys/girls need to have some resources to keep these fine machines on the road.

Just thankful that the HTT higher ups saw all of this information as being a valuable resource to everyone enough to "sticky" it.

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

fringe

:up:  here'sa   :beer:  on me  :teeth: 

this is a great thread classic...

i haven't been around for awhile , just busy is all , but, sure glad i stuck my head in here tonite to do some reading and seeing what's going on
with everyone . 

i'll get my azz back in here more often now, things have eased up some
now and i'm retired as of 1/1/2009. 

thanx again for all the info, sure do appreicate it

fringe

seattledyna

this is an excellent thread!!

very nice to have all the links right on top...thanx!

smokedyvr

:agree:I agree, great thread here. I own a 86 FXR Superglide with some Hillside Mojo inside (90/90) and I wouldn't sell her for the world. I am truly fortunate to own one. I have ridden many a Harley and not one compares to it. Thanks for all the info!
79 80"FLH, 86 FXR, 96 FLHR

ClassicRider2002

September 24, 2010, 08:40:57 PM #12 Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:54:45 AM by ClassicRider2002
It was fun to put some of this data all in one place for evo and FXR owners.   

Thank you for the positive comments.   

Just glad HTT saw fit to sticky the THREAD!

Regards, 

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

JayFL459

Have Rode Several FXR's and always Loved them .. Been looking for a couple years and almost bit the bullet a couple times but never did .. Between a few things happening and the price being right .. Pulled the Plug Today on a 2000 FXR4 Is beautiful and runs like it looks  ... Love it ...

2009 Ultra Classic - 2000 FXR4

RLPOS1

iS THIS THE ORIGINAL HD TANGERINE ORANGE METALFLAKE PAINT. IT IS A FINE COLOR!
:bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike:
1996 FXD
T/Jet kit, S/E 6000 RPM Ignition, Hooker Tunable's, EV27, HyperCharger

capnfred

Did the topic die, just wanted to say that you did a ton of work..... there are still FXR owners out here,  I have had mine about 2 years now... and all I have to say is

FXR's forever!
FXR's R the best

vern

I bought a new FXR in 1985, and it is, was, by far the best bike I have ever owned. But I'm looking for a frame blue print, where can I get one? Like the one in the shovel manual for a shovel frame.

clawdog60

Thanks for any FXR sight assistance as I just purchased a sweet 93 LR. Will try to send some pics.

Deye76

Excellent information. Appreciate your attention to detail.  :up:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

grubxx96

great idea! when i was looking for some cam info earlier i had to read every headline! what a pain in the @#$. your idea is a good one and seems to be long overdue.

regards,
george

clawdog60

Bought a 93 lr with 24K miles a year ago. VGC. Seems to be excessive throw length in the transmission shifting, neutral and gear changes flawless  though. My 91 FXDC did not have this as I recall.

clawdog60

Was this the wrong spot to start this topic?

mp

Repost it in the regular Evo section.  This section is for FXR specific issues.  Your tranny is common to all Big Twins for many years.

anubisss

Glad I found this.  Great resource.  Thanks for organizing and categorizing making it easy for the rest of us. 

Drew