March 28, 2024, 06:39:07 PM

News:

Show your FXR

Started by Reddog74usa, January 18, 2009, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy WMC

It's sooo nice to see so many really nice old gals show up here :up: HD does not build them like this anymore and we no doubt own the best handlers ever built. Great job guys, keep em that way.

Lakerat,
Tell me more about your directional upgrades. Mine are new stock HD's, but I'd like to get them smaller and tighter to the lower tree and rear fender like yours.

Lakerat

Buddy, they are some leftovers from an old friends' kit chopper. I have seen them at swap meets, so they are pretty generic. The rear mount on mine is just a couple of 3/8-24 nuts welded together for the offset with a button head allen bolt from the inside of the fender. The front is just a fork mount clamp from the same chopper build, shimmed to fit my 39mm forks. Correct size is available, but they were free.
PGR  92 FXLR 97 FLHTCU (RIP) 98 FLHTCUI 95th Anniversary Now Carbed

ClassicRider2002

Wow there are some very nice FXR's in this THREAD.

Buddy your bike has come out awesome!!!.

Lakerat there is always something very cool about a front spoke wheel and a fat boy "styled" solid wheel on the back.....very nice!!!

lucille I would love to see more photos of your front end close up.....and read more about it.

Jeff (Black Diamond) very sweet......I wish you would go back to your original THREAD here in the EVO section and complete the THREAD with your updated photos and what you did to your bike......if you can't find the THREAD that easily just go up to the top of the EVO page and click on FXR Index as I have indexed the THREAD there......

drs23 nice!!!

dte8dom.....wow it was fun to see an original 1985 "Rootbeer" FXRC.....thanks for posting and sharing.....and you are right of course to it's exclusivity.......

TLMitchell wonderful bike......

Pirate there is always something to be said for a "blacked" out FXR.....you couldn't put enough pictures on of your bike....it looks AWESOME.....and black just looks so so so much faster even sitting still.......

This is slowly becomming a great THREAD, one can only hope the pictures will remain.....

Thank you everyone!!!

Regards,

"Classic"
MIGHTY MOUSE CAM
LOW END TORQUE JUNKIE 2

fxdl95

In the market for a fxrs-sp , thanks, Dennis
1991 FXRS-SP

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Reddog74usa

Heres the latest find. 1994 FXLR bone original with 1697 miles on er

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

ripp13

Wow .....how much did you pay for that beautifull....not even run in yet ....FXR....whatever it was I luv it....
Custom 1986 FXR Lowrider

Reddog74usa

July 24, 2010, 09:32:48 AM #32 Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:32:26 PM by Reddog74usa
The FXLR's are my personal favorite out of any other Harley made with 94 being in my opinion the best year with all the technical upgrades. You can just bolt up the Twin Cam clutch hub and starters for one, among other nice options. I had a very nice blue 94 FXLR but had to sell it and was sorry I did. It has way less miles than the other one and in a color I also like much better so it all worked out pretty good. Bought it from the original owner that was a very honest straight up fella.  The miles won't stay low for long with me owning it.  :bike:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Buddy WMC

RD,
You know how to steal them :teeth:.You also have personal mail.

sixxfoot

Red

Where is the one you got it Buffalo.............gone?
The bottle ain't the blame ....it just lets you ...Mike Cooley DBT

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

harleytoprock

Reddog, Sweet! You've done it again.

harleytoprock

And these FXR's ride so sweet!

JayFL459

With all these Fine Looking FXR's a Little Reluctant to Post Mine but got it for a Sweet Price ..  Mostly Stock except Seat Pipes and AC ..

2009 Ultra Classic - 2000 FXR4

RedFXR2

Nice.  Love the CVO FXR's particularly.  What kind of seat is that?

PhilB

Might as well do my first post here with pictures of my ride:

Started out as a 1989 FXRS-SP.
Almost nothing left of that, though except for the frame.  Engine is now 96", transmission has been
updated to all 94-up (splined shaft).

Phil

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

elvislee

Old Crow

Nice looking Phil.  I'd read your description over on rmh, but don't think I'd seen any pics yet.  I sure like the painted air cleaner cover better than chrome.  Did the same thing on my Shovel FLT.
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

PhilB

Here's what I did to the engine:

http://www.ah61.com/rebuild/

Except for the case machining, machining heads for compression releases, and stroker plates, it was all done by me.  Lower end, balancing, rod races, CCing/decking heads, truing/shortening cylinders, valve job, etc...

Phil

Old Crow

The advantages of working in a shop while building your motor.  I had to farm out the machine work, but I've had the guy do 4 motors for me so far with zero problems.  Pics of both my FLTs post #95 in the "show your evo"  thread.

PhilB

Yeah, since I'm out of the bizz, I'd have to farm that out now.  I am setting up somewhat of a shop at home, though.

See: http://www.philb.ca/?p=22  Added a press and a few more things since, but still not set up for machining.

Phil

Old Crow

evo58

nice  nice nice,
will go now to the link to see what you did..
congrats :up:
evo

elvislee

Never met an FXR I didn't like  :up: Lookin good!