September 20, 2024, 05:49:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Can V-Tune work...

Started by gearheadfmc, July 10, 2012, 02:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdtail78

"Can V-Tune work..."

It does work.

A lot of problems associated with Vtune are just general tuning problems.  Working with any tuning device. These issues need to be addressed.  IWT, A poor mechanic blames his tools.
Semper Fi

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on July 12, 2012, 11:03:53 PM
"Can V-Tune work..."

It does work.

A lot of problems associated with Vtune are just general tuning problems.  Working with any tuning device. These issues need to be addressed.  IWT, A poor mechanic blames his tools.
A good mechanic will also see the limitation of a tool and adpapt or buy more tools.
Ron

hrdtail78

Not disagreeing there. I'm talking general problems. Aftermarket, free flowing pipes for example. These can be rough to get lower rpm tuned correctly.  This is more on the skill of the tuner to go through the data to find out what is really going on. Whatever tuning device or style of O2 that is being used. The problems associated with this style of exhaust is going to be there.

Semper Fi

rbabos

Quote from: hrdtail78 on July 13, 2012, 09:22:19 AM
Not disagreeing there. I'm talking general problems. Aftermarket, free flowing pipes for example. These can be rough to get lower rpm tuned correctly.  This is more on the skill of the tuner to go through the data to find out what is really going on. Whatever tuning device or style of O2 that is being used. The problems associated with this style of exhaust is going to be there.
True but you can't always believe the data as being accurate. One example would be a sensor showing lean ,where the afr is actually rich. Like, who hasn't chased the faulse lean tail at one time or another?
Ron

hrdtail78

Great point. Goes back to the tuner, not the tuning device one is working with.  I can remember first time I tuned the old style Y pipe, compared to seeing them now.  Once you learn what to look for. You can spot false readings somewhat easier.

I wasn't trying to make any earth shattering statements. Just that some of the question I do see on this forum about Vtune are general tuning question, and some of the questions can be answered by simply reading the directions.  I'm not trying to talk about one or the other tuning products either. In the fudge the kool aid thread. There are some question there that  can be answered by reading thier directions.  Sampling time for constant state compared to transiate sampling times. for example.

Semper Fi