May 08, 2024, 10:04:27 PM

News:

New TTS release date?

Started by vetteandharley, March 07, 2012, 08:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLTRI

Quote from: 1FSTRK on August 10, 2012, 05:35:45 AM
...TTS states that to use this product you must install one of their base cals as a starting point. TTS states that you may have to try more than one base cal to find what works best with a given motor combination. TTS continues to develop and release new base cals for new and different combinations.
The fact that you have to find the right cal is the proof that the other cals are wrong...
Wrong? Not wrong BUT different which is why you may need to browse cals to find one your specific build characteristics meld with.

ALL MFG ARE IN THE SAME BOAT HERE! No mfg can guarantee their calibration will work for anything but exact formula of parts and their actual output, like injectors intake size, etc.

Fact is, the more experienced the tuner the better he will be able to choose a very close base cal from his library developed over the years from canned cals. (We have thousands from over 15+ years tuning these EFI bikes.
The fact that new cals are released is the proof that there are motor combinations that the old cals do not cover.
That is considered a normal course of development.
Some of these combinations (like the 120r) will become popular enough to warrant the time and effort to create a base cal for and other one offs will not.
Yep, but ONLY as a starting point for tuning NOT to be assumed "dialed" for the build developed for...just too many sensitive tuning variables that can drastically change fueling and timing requirements.
To try and make this about the ability of the person doing the tuning is just a distraction from the subject.
...But it IS all about the guy making tuning changes' experience and knowledge his ability to develop cals specifically for a particular bike's build formula and its idiosyncrasies.
These are not easily identified, measured, and corrected by most DIYers.
The nature and complexity of these systems demands that the details be right and with the many details that change in every custom build we have to rely on the people that supply the base tools to get us close enough so that we can finish the job with an acceptable outcome.
IF the DIYer has basic EFI tuning experience and requisite knowledge the above is possible.
The less experience and knowledge the more more difficult it is to understand and hence properly tune these big builds.
Keep in mind it is only these big inch builds that canned cals are not available...yet.
There are quite a few helper/base/canned cals for specific HD formula builds and  Stage1 bikes that work very well for DIYers to dial their bikes in.
Maybe tuners should start selling to DIYers,wo want to browse for the best match for their bike and its idiosyncrasies.? For example, if the build is a 117ci we have no less than 50 unique cals developed for base mapping while we probably have close to the same for 124's.
It's taken thousands of hours and tunes over many years to develop these base cals so I feel it's worth quite a bit. :nix:

Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

1FSTRK

August 10, 2012, 10:41:16 AM #126 Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:59:37 AM by 1FSTRK
Bob you are talking tuning tables and I am talking base cals.
You seem to feel the need to defend the product and yet I have not attacked it it any way. I state something and you reword it or state that the other companies do it too. If you read through this I say something and you say "yup but that's not a bad thing" when I never implied bad or good.
The constant comparison between pro tuner and DIY tuner has nothing to do with the product and software as it is delivered to the public.
You seem to be under the impression that once you change the tuning tables that you have created a base cal. The true different base cals can only be created by TTS. This is why you can copy all the tuning tables and paste them into a different base cal and get different results. This is why it is important to have new TTS developed base cals for motors that fall out side the norm.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

jkelley

Anyone have any updates on the release for 2011 Soft tails, and 2012 Dyna's yet?

BVHOG

If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

jkelley

The only thing I heard as of yesterday was "there is no software available for the Canbus at this time"

BUt they are working as fast as they can.

I know the Beta testing was in progress but really nothing for a release date yet.

RXBOB

whats the word on the street over that side of the world on the TTS testing

Steve has gone cold since Jamie and himself had a little keyboard discusion

guydoc77

He started a new thread with a new forecast of release dates just the other day.

RXBOB

feng jui

Mastertune Website has just been updated, they start taking orders and shipping.

7hogs

How does the SERT upgrade work? I get a 404 code when getting to the download

Steve Cole

New Web Site is up. http://www.mastertune.net/

The New storage page http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm then on the Tuning File Repository
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.