May 09, 2024, 03:39:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

120R and Bandit Clutch?

Started by Flat Dog, March 19, 2012, 10:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnCA58

2. i dont like the revtech version not the same at all . get the bandit from bandit , much better quality you get what you pay for,   
[/quote]

when I called Bandit for a clutch for the 120R,  in talking with John,  he could have sold me his clutch set up, instead he recommended another dealer that still had a couple Bandit-Revtech clutch set-up left over from an old venture they had with Rev-tech.  the only one's that are left were for 99-01 EFI touring bike w/ 3.37 gearing and 102t starter ring.  he told me it was thier set-up and would work great for half the original cost,  this set-up included the clutch basket also.   all replacement parts are available from Bandit.
YOLO

VDeuce

Quote from: HD/WRENCH on June 04, 2012, 01:03:45 PM
I have spoken with John ( owner of bandit) in depth as well giving him links to the site about the se comp failure. I have been running the Formula + and running 2-3 shims under grey springs.  With use of the other fluids and checking with less than 100 miles on the builds the se comp showed signs of fretting.  ( we are talking dyno tune time on the engine)  If formula plus works use it.
I spoke with John today and he said there may be some drag using the Formula+. Have you noticed this?

jty

Quote from: VDeuce on July 12, 2012, 12:34:53 PM
I have spoken with John ( owner of bandit) in depth as well giving him links to the site about the se comp failure. I have been running the Formula + and running 2-3 shims under grey springs.  With use of the other fluids and checking with less than 100 miles on the builds the se comp showed signs of fretting.  ( we are talking dyno tune time on the engine)  If formula plus works use it.
I spoke with John today and he said there may be some drag using the Formula+. Have you noticed this?
Yes, definitely more drag than with BelRay
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office

VDeuce

July 13, 2012, 07:20:59 AM #53 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:23:17 AM by VDeuce
Quote from: jty on July 13, 2012, 05:38:02 AM
But is this only when cold? What are you currently running with?

jty

Quote from: VDeuce on July 13, 2012, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: jty on July 13, 2012, 05:38:02 AM
But is this only when cold? What are you currently running with?
More drag cold or warm. PITA to find neutral but no other issues. Tried BelRay as suggested by John and it really worked great for the clutch but not so great for comp - 1000 miles and the brown inside. Now running 70% Formula plus and 30% ATF and two shims under golden springs. No slip but still slight drag and switching to gear more noisy than with belray. I needed to adjust the clutch freeplay very carefully to find neutral but all in all it works well - But i have not checked the comp
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office