May 05, 2024, 12:43:30 AM

News:

wHERE ARE YOU RIDING TO THIS SUMMER?

Started by inspector, January 23, 2009, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspector

:duel: Where are you going this summer?My wife and I are planning on leaving W.V.,and going north to rt.2 across to Glacier NP,then down thru Idaho to the Colombia River,to PCH,and down to about SF and back east.Want to hit yellowstone and the black hills on the way back.Probably won't leave until July,so the road will be open thru Glacier NP.HAVE FUN,BE SAFE.........Wayne

truck

January 23, 2009, 05:30:28 PM #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:32:59 PM by trück
I've been everywhere in this country and I've seen everything I need to see soooooooo I'm staying home.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

someday69

If you leave in July,,,maybe  you can make it for  the Sturgis rally ....Thats one place I know I want to see this summer..been once,,while ride'in across the states from s.jersey....sounds like you have a great trip ahead of you....there was a thread about see'in yosemite just a few days ago and they were all talk'in about gla-sher park,,and talk'in about take'in some Pass out of yosemite,,,I googled it...and it looks like it follows the ridge of mountians...anyway...look up the theard..it  was just what your talk'in about....

highlander

Well, if I still have a job, the GF and I want to load the trailer and head to the ROT ralley in Texas where she's from. We hope to ride across using the coast road and staying away from the interstate.
Why are we just sitting here, Lets ride.

Tow-Truck

HDSlowride

Glacier is a great ride. I like to come back south from there and through Yellowstone, Tetons, over to Flaming Gorge in Wyoming, then cut the corner of Utah and down through northwestern Colorado through Grand Junction, Montrose, Durango and all the way to Albuquerque.

Another good way from Yellowstone is back through Cody, up over Beartooth, back toward Greybull and backroads over to Spearfish and then the Black Hills (but not during the rally, way too crowded). Highway 2 across Nebraska is much better than interstate. The Ozarks are good in northwest Arkansas. The Smokies are good in Tn/N. Carolina all the way down to Helen, Georgia.

If you're going back northeast the Adirondacks are good to ride. Key West is good to ride before it gets warm weather just for all the fresh seafood (love them conch fritters at Alabama Jacks).

I feel like Johnny Cash....I've been everywhere man...LOL   except to Alaska. So that's where I'd like to go in June. Take a month off, pack the tent and haul arse.

'07 Ultra Classic

zj1182

Maine, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland - three week ride with the wife, my riding bud.

zj

Phu Cat

Gonna leave Ma at home and ride to Dennison, Tx to see the guys from my SEA days.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Hawg Holler

Planning on going to the canyon country in southern Utah
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away
Hawg Holler 2005 Road King Classic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Houston to Del Rio in March: Gypsy Rally.  Then on to the Prude Ranch at Fort Davis, Texas and then down to Big Bend Park.  Getting the bike ready......

Trying to figure out where I will go this summer ......... maybe Colorado or Georgia.
Seabrook

PC_Hater

Ferry to Denmark, across Denmark, bridge and tunnel to Sweden, across Sweden into Norway and then back. Might go to Finland, won't go to Russia.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

Scurvy

Quote from: Hawg Holler on January 23, 2009, 11:18:08 PM

HH - wife n' I did that route last year, the scenic hwy 12 bypass. Most excellent ride.

We would love to do ROT again. It's real tricky getting over the pass here into Idaho. Pretty much gotta put up with riding in the rain/snow the first day.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

marc

Maine, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland - three week ride with the wife, my riding bud.

Great trip...Did it about 6 years ago...Bring warm clothes!!!

takwolf

Riding to the Poorhouse, and I'm in the hammer lane!  :sink:
"RIDE WITH THE WIND"

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

HV

Not summer.. but.....Flyin to Vegas ... renting HDs...riding to CA and up the PCH ..  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

88b

Tow truck and PC hater are you going to the HOG rally in Latvia ?  If your Americans your going to find Scandanavia expensive.
I spent a lot of time away on the bike last year, she wasn't too impressed  :dgust:  I'm going to Hamburg Harley days in June and that's it for this year. She wants to go to italy later probably Aug / Sept. but that won't be on the bike. 2010 i'm doing a big trip across Europe again  :smile:

Hawg Holler

Quote from: Scurvy on January 24, 2009, 08:24:16 AM
Quote from: Hawg Holler on January 23, 2009, 11:18:08 PM

HH - wife n' I did that route last year, the scenic hwy 12 bypass. Most excellent ride.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that route.

We would love to do ROT again. It's real tricky getting over the pass here into Idaho. Pretty much gotta put up with riding in the rain/snow the first day.
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away

WideBoy04

Depends, the company I work for, MeadeWestVaco, is in the process of
supporting more of the Mexican economy. Putting about half of the workforce
out the door, 18-20 years. Been there 28 so I might make it for awhile. If
things look good by July gonna try and do Wyoming and up to Glacier, from
Ohio. Then maybe over to the Unemployment line.

Jim
Galatians 2:20

Hawg Holler

Know what y'all mean about the job situation. I'm self employed and was making a good living until about three months ago when the doors started to shut. The pickings are slim now and getting slimmer by the day. The companies I work for have frozen budgets for everything except baseline essentials and have laid off several of the people that I worked with for years. When you're 55+ it's hard to find work. Thankfully my Harley is paid for and all it costs me to ride is fuel, food and lodging. I could travel even cheaper but the wife doesn't like to camp. This recession may last a long time
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away

Old Crow

We're loading up the FLT's and leaving the Ozarks for my wife's cousin's house in Colorado.  From there we're all going to Yellowstone.  My wife and I are then going to hit Devil's Tower, Mt Rushmore and Sturgis on the way back to Arkansas.  Leaving about July 9th or 10th.  Not sure about a return date.  :teeth:
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

blacknchromehd

Leaving York late July for a ride thru Buffalo, across to Michigan and then a ferry to The new Harley Museum. Then back up thru northern Wisconsin and then down thru the Toronto area and home. Any time away from work will be a good one. Thank god I am in the commercial HVAC business as we seem to not at this time have problems with the ecomomy. Hope to meet some of the roomies this year if I am near a local bar to some of you.

Bill in Pa

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
If you own one you should ride it...not polish it..not look at it...ride the dam

TweekmyTwin

a group of us are going to Calgary, Alberta Canada. We will be going thru Jasper & Banff National Park in Alberta and on the way home( Sac. Ca.) come down through Glacier National Park in Montana.
Jim
Kiss What ?

marc

Going to do the Ohio River Scenic Byway in late June and another undecided trip in August...

dohmixer

I’ll pretty much stay stay in my vicinity and take trip or two to Reno about 2 hours, San Francisco about 2 hours, and maybe Monterey and Fort Bragg each about 4 hours. I’ll also be taking my usual rides through the Mother lode and Sierra Nevada mountains.
2000 Dyna Wide Glide     Union Baker BCTGM Local#85

RK101

Maybe the Fla. Keys and stop and see some friiends along the way. As of right now we're in the early stages of talking.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H