why is so hard to find triple trees chromed ???

Started by evo58, March 22, 2012, 04:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evo58

wa have a 08 Dyna with polish Triple trees, i would like to buy a brand new , the acc HD doesnt have , i dont want to chrome mine,
why?
thanks
evo

moscooter

:potstir:
The triple tree is a part that could have a lot of stress.  You might want to look up on the net and review (hydrogen embrittlement).   This is a process that can occur and has occured with chromed parts that suddenly fracture or come apart with tragic consequences.   Thus,  there may be some major reluctance of manufactorers not wanting any liability for such an occurence. :pop:

turboprop

Harleys have had chrome triple trees almost since the begining of harley, and without issue.

You can easily source those trees from the aftermarket or even have a set made.

Call Bill at Design & Machine, aka Custom Triple Trees. Bill will make you a set of triple trees in any finish you want. Made right here in the USA and much better than any tree harley ever made (I mean outsourced).

http://www.customtripletrees.com/
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

evo58

thanks for both, will se the site right now
ride safe
evo

hbkeith

theres chrome trees everywhere, where are you looking?  (drag, CCI,etc. etc.).the ones in that link are a little pricey

evo58

after this site Turbo shows , everthing is few, for 49mm theres no trees in chrome.
customtriple is fine will choose and install one . :up:
evo

turboprop

Quote from: evo58 on March 24, 2012, 04:10:13 PM
after this site Turbo shows , everthing is few, for 49mm theres no trees in chrome.
customtriple is fine will choose and install one . :up:
evo

Bill is good people and will make you a great set of trees. Please tell him Ed Connor sent you. Bill is currently making two sets of trees for me.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

evo58

Deye76

I never heard of "hydrogen embrittlement" until I came to this site. We chromed everything back in the day. Rear sprocket bolts, transmission cases, inner primary, the whole front end, swing arms (gasp), and darn near every nut and bolt that could be seen. Put thousands upon thousands of cross country miles on these bikes, and never a problem with anything breaking. Might be an issue on a race bike, but for a street bike, IMO, much ado about nothing.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

joesfxr

j&j speedshop granit city il. 618-451-7974 this guy has every thing in chrome