PCV Autotune Trims aren't going down

Started by roussfam, April 21, 2012, 07:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roussfam

The map I received from **** **** started with -35 trims, I'm was down to -15, but now it constantly has -20 trims, I keep accepting the trims and then saving the corrected map file as a rewrite on my laptop. Anyone have any ideas?

The AFR tables were sent to me by **** **** for my setup so they were supposed to be close..

I'm surprised that my **** **** map was so rich, I mean -35? If I didn't have Autotune, I wouldn't have known  the difference.

I was told not to tune to the  Cells but to the AFR Tables, but isn't that what happens automatically? I'm assuming the bike rides in perfect tune to the AFR tables, regardless what the map says, but recommends trim changes either plus or minus to dial in the map, and once that is done I should be in close tune with my AFR settings even if I remove the AT-100's.

But I still have a lot of cells with -20, I do have single digit cells as well.

Jim

strokerjlk

Keep accepting the trims,reflash the map with the acceped trims.
Repeat until the trims are + or - 1-3
It is normal for any map to have the trims you are seeing,even one that was for another bike with the same mods. Better rich than lean to start with.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory