May 08, 2024, 05:28:59 PM

News:

TTS Newbie

Started by craigv65, April 24, 2012, 04:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigv65

Just want to make sure I have this right. Before I load the file I want to VTune with I have to change all cells in the main lambda to .981 and set the PE to 10000 in tuning constants? Why the main lambda to .981? Why not some other number? Are there any other areas I need to change or zero out?

Then when you have the final VTune you change the areas back to the original?

Thanks,
Cv

glens

0.981 is a number that's rich enough to bring the temperature down just a tad and lean enough to ensure the O2 sensors operate within their more-linear range.  You could use any value you like within closed-loop range, I'm sure, but I've not experimented with that.

Some folks disable AE and DE to get more hits.  Once those conditions get tripped the data collection is suspended for a short time as those conditions decay back out.  I don't want to get into that discussion again right now but I like to leave them enabled.

Some folks also disable the knock control but I also group that one with the AE/DE.

Nothing else comes to mind at the moment.  If you follow the tuning guide that came with the software you really can't (or at least shouldn't) go wrong.  Though if I remember correctly, the stuff in the flow chart further down in the document doesn't entirely match what's in the main body text.  I'd stick with the text.

tdkkart

Quote from: craigv65 on April 24, 2012, 04:05:41 AM

Newbie here too, and depending on how you read the methods it's confusing, do you use the .981 just on the first V-tune, or all V-tunes??

Jeffd

Quote from: tdkkart on April 24, 2012, 06:48:07 AM
Quote from: craigv65 on April 24, 2012, 04:05:41 AM

Newbie here too, and depending on how you read the methods it's confusing, do you use the .981 just on the first V-tune, or all V-tunes??
No on every vtune

craigv65

does anyone have any tts timing tables for tman tr600 cam? any help would be great.

if i were to replace my fullsac xpipe with some drago true duels, would i lose any performance?