March 28, 2024, 08:41:53 AM

News:

Pzokes ... RIP

Started by CraigArizona85248, May 18, 2012, 07:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigArizona85248

May 18, 2012, 07:18:16 AM Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:28:17 AM by CraigArizona85248
I got an email from Pzoke's son letting me know that his dad passed away recently.  This really saddens me. Pzoke's has been a member here at HTT a lot longer then me going all the way back to the early days of the MSN site.  He and I hit is off right from the start because we both have that passion for the old style, garage built choppers.  I knew Pzoke's was really sick and I suspect he knew the end wasn't too far off.  He was typical of guys of his/our generation though... he was a private man.  I remember a while back when his wife was sick.  He never said a word to me about it until some time after she was gone.  I could tell it really impacted him though.  It was the same with his own sickness.  I don't think he ever mentioned much about it in the public forum here.  Instead he focused on the thing he loved that was relavent to this board... old Harleys.

I have a feeling Pzokes would prefer that we celebrate his life rather than focus on his death.  This one's for you my friend  :beer:   HTT is a richer place because of you and we will miss you greatly!  RIP

-Craig

P.S.  Pzoke's son is going to be joining us here at HTT.  I'm sure he'll introduce himself and let us know who he is once he feels ready.  I messages to me, Pzokes gave a lot of credit to his son for keeping him going on his latest build project while he was sick.

kik

Condolences to Pzoke's family and here's one for him  :beer: May he forever ride in peace.

easyricer

:chop: :beer:
He'll be missed.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

76shuvlinoff

QuoteI have a feeling Pzokes would prefer that we celebrate his life rather than focus on his death.  This one's for you my friend  :beer:   HTT is a richer place because of you and we will miss you greatly!  RIP

-Craig

You said it Craig, if you look over his posts you can see he really was a contributing member.

:beer: one for you Don!
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Snuff™

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on May 18, 2012, 07:18:16 AM
...I have a feeling Pzokes would prefer that we celebrate his life rather than focus on his death.  This one's for you my friend  :beer:   HTT is a richer place because of you and we will miss you greatly!  RIP

-Craig
:up:

It felt good getting a compliment from Pzokes.  RIP  :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Brrrap

82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

Reddog74usa

Pzokes will be missed for sure. Ride-on in the after life Bro  :beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

twincamzz

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on May 18, 2012, 07:18:16 AM
I have a feeling Pzokes would prefer that we celebrate his life rather than focus on his death.  This one's for you my friend  :beer:   HTT is a richer place because of you and we will miss you greatly!  RIP

-Craig

P.S.  Pzoke's son is going to be joining us here at HTT.  I'm sure he'll introduce himself and let us know who he is once he feels ready.  I messages to me, Pzokes gave a lot of credit to his son for keeping him going on his latest build project while he was sick.

The man was an inspiration to me when I was putting my Pan together. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...looking forward to meeting his son of these days !  :up:
not all who wander are lost...

No Problem

fourthgear

Robin

So sad!!!   I was hoping in the future to have a big ol flattie in my garage, and going and looking him up to talk flatties and pick his brain..  RIP!!
Respects!!
Robin

moose

rip  bet he's still watching us
Moose aka Glenn-

JrPzokes

Hi everyone I tried to post pictures, but did not have any luck. I will try again soon.
I wish I had the knowledge that my father did about motorcycles, actually I wish I knew all that he did. He was a great man. He took with him knowledge that you cannot read in books, knowledge of a dying breed !
The people that looked beyond the gruff, un-trusting cynical man that he was, well those are the people that gave him the ability to learn more and share what he did know. That is a very select group of people, you guys and some friends from Mass.
He and my mother will ride with me forever on the fatvo or the pan!!
I have a lot to learn, but someday maybe people will be able to talk highly of me as you folks do about my dad Donald Gardner.
Thank you for your friendship and support.
Corey Gardner

JrPzokes

May 18, 2012, 06:07:46 PM #13 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:27:41 PM by Coyote
This is the pan as I remember it, I remember a lot of good times with this bike. I remember as a little boy I spilled a tin of nails and he had a front blow out on the way to work.... didn;t understand much till I grew up and then it sunk in what the respect for 2 wheels and enjoyment. This picture had to be early 80's
Then there is a pic of dad behind the pan as it sits today. I asked him to put it back to the "family bike" as i called it. I may do that some day but I kinda like it the way it sits now.
As I find more pictures I will post them.
Should be nice to put a face with a name.

[attach=0]

Deye76

:sad: Happy trails Pzokes, whole lot of knowledge left with you. Condolences Jr.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

mayor

:beer: RIP Pzokes, you will be missed for sure.  My condolences to all family and friends. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Speeding Big Twin

Corey, I'm sorry to hear about your father. As other members have indicated, Pzokes helped a lot of people on HTT and his input regarding H-Ds will be missed.

On any Harley forum it doesn't take long to figure out who knows what they're talking about so when I notice someone who does then each time I see their name I always check their posts. Pzokes was in that category: his info was always good and it was always good to read what he had to say.
Eric
(Perth, Western Australia)