May 02, 2024, 10:17:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Buy American!!!!!!!

Started by jerite, January 30, 2009, 07:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flhswingarm

I heard on the news that the Chinese want some remuneration from us because of the plant closings, that they bla :hyst:me on us

Ultrashovel

About two years ago I bought some sheepskin lined boots from the Ugg company. Austrailan right? I wanted to help out my buddies down under. Anyway when they arrived, they were marked "Made in China".  I never wore them. Just put them on eBay and sent them to someone else.

I wouldn't have minded if the website would have said that they were made in China. It was rather a dissapointment. Oh well.

ricochet

Jeez!  I'm so conflicted!  See I live in this World Economy environment and want to do the right thing by those standards but also want to do my part to save the good old USA but also want to keep my job so I can play in both areas.  I work for an multinational company (French owned) as a purchasing agent FORCED to buy the best quality products for the lowest price.  This to ensure the companies longevity and remain amoungst the employed so I can pay taxes to help us all, the deserving and not so deserving.  This brings me to those same ungodly places you all say we should shun in search of just that.  I love my country and love my job both.  So I do my part and buy American when I can for those things that really do matter to me like cars, most of my bike parts and some tools that warrant it.  But I'll be damned if I'll pay a premium for something like jeans, electronics, and day to day living stuff.  You got to remember that a large percentage of we American consumers are employed by those so-called un-American companies.  I have to think like a company too having to balance between the cost of quality and risk of bankruptcy.

BTW,  lately I'm finding that there is a good amount of bike stuff still being made in the USA if your willing to look for it and it's not necessarilly that much more money.  This is more the hard goods, metal, engine stuff, etc.

What a rant hey!

ricochet