May 04, 2024, 10:51:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Bored so I put needle bearings in clutch and brake lever

Started by itsafatboy, July 07, 2012, 06:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViennaHog

oh boy, the markings are in the wrong direction facing downwards. Your clutch lever will seize for sure

Admiral Akbar

flh canuck

I like it!

Just this past week I was listening to my clutch lever rattling in the breeze and was thinking about taking it apart and shimming it a bit in order to tighten things up.

Now of course mere shimming is now out of the question as it would be bush-league compared to machining the lever and installing a nice smooth bearing. Looks like the "handle" bar has been raised again.... :beer:
2018 Ultra Limited. Back in black!

14Frisco

Quote from: flh canuck on July 09, 2012, 03:17:31 PM
my clutch lever rattling in the breeze and was thinking about taking it apart and shimming it a bit

In case you do not know, there is an anti-rattle spring (45021-86) under the lever.  Maybe yours broke or is missing.

Nebraskarider1

Somewhere some guy is gonna be scratching his head wondering why he is all of a sudden selling so many bearings, and when he figures out they are being used on Harleys he'll probably jack the price up.  :emoGroan:  cool idea!! Might have to get some while they're still cheap

itsafatboy

I have some sheilded bearings coming im going to try these , that way would not have to lube at least for a long time, i went with sheilded for less drag , i am going to do the cable section also since they are 4mm thick will be perfect fit one on each side , then stack some for the pin section will post pics when i get them .

they are 10 * 15 * 4  -