May 08, 2024, 10:05:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Whiskey Tuning Question PCV/TS

Started by cajunglide, July 11, 2012, 03:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunglide

So If  use  a TwinScan III, to check my Powercommander V w/autotune, I simply disable the autotune function on the PCV, and unplug the PCV from the dataplug, remove the PCV WBO2 sensors and replace them with the TS WBO2's and plug the TS into the data plug????

The PCV should continue to function normally without it plugged into the dataport?

strokerjlk

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

BVHOG

It should work just fine but from what I have seen of the pc auto tune you will likely have little to gain, the pc system works very well, and very quickly I might add. Would be interesting to see what you find.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

cajunglide

BVHOG, the problem I'm having is on my 2010 glide is the cruise and 6th gear will become inoperative when the ECM data is being used. The fix I was told was to disable the ECM data, which does correct the lose of cruise and 6th gear, however my autotune wont show corrections , I've been told that will happen when the PCV has the data disabled.

This sound correct???

strokerjlk

Quote from: cajunglide on July 11, 2012, 05:27:42 AM
BVHOG, the problem I'm having is on my 2010 glide is the cruise and 6th gear will become inoperative when the ECM data is being used. The fix I was told was to disable the ECM data, which does correct the lose of cruise and 6th gear, however my autotune wont show corrections , I've been told that will happen when the PCV has the data disabled.

This sound correct???

I am gonna bump this because I have no idea what your talking about :scratch:
and Bob hasent answered yet. :fish:
I have used the pc 5 autotune software and twin scan to tune pc5 .
never had a problem.
you might be correct because on the dyno I dont use cruise ,but I do look at that silly 6 th gear light. so I know the light works but the cruise :nix:
I dont leave autotune enabled after a tune so I dont know for  sure about the cruise ???

cajunglide

Stroker, yes the cruise and 6th gear light will drop out after a few miles when the PCV 5 has the Harley ECM data enabled. Jamie at FM helped me on this one, he said some but not all late model touring bikes do it, he felt there was some sort of data issue that caused it.

With the ECM data disabled, its hurting my tuning ability. I like my cruise and and 6th gear light functioning!

cajunglide

Maybe Jamie can comment if he see's this ! :pop:

Bigbluff

How important is it to keep the Autotune function turned on? I would think that after a while it would have pretty much accounted for 99% of the variable conditions for your style of riding and would have made the appropriate adjustments. If you change something, like different pipes or air cleaner, then you'd want to run the autotune again for a while to have it makd the changes...then shut it off again.

Am I looking at this wrong?
In all that time he was riding through the desert he could have named that horse

cajunglide

You're correct! Once the map is correct, I plan on removing the o2's as soon as I can.

cajunglide

Stroker, still no comment to the 6th Gear light and loss of cruise control!!!

Maybe Jamie can elaborate!!! :pop:

strokerjlk

Quote from: cajunglide on July 12, 2012, 06:56:57 PM
Stroker, still no comment to the 6th Gear light and loss of cruise control!!!

Maybe Jamie can elaborate!!! :pop:
I am with big bluff. tune it and disable auto tune, when done.
do you really need cruise and the light to tune it?
I wish Jamie would hang out more here myself. I understand why he doesn't though :up: