March 28, 2024, 02:12:07 PM

News:

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BVHOG

I thought I would start a thread for questions pertaining to the Power Vision only, please don't make this a my tuner is better thread.

First questions
Does the Power Vision change the operating system so that other reflashes can not be done? (dealer etc)
Can the PV work off of the existing map that is in the bike?
Can the PV load a map into a system that has the operating system altered by other tuning devices?
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

oldguy

Hey Bob
The pv doesn't change it so that other flashes couldn't be done, but you couldn't put the pv system over a new mastertune prgm unless you returned your ecm to original statusAnd as far as I know, you need to start with a pv pre configured map and go from there.

FLTRI

Quote from: BVHOG on August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM
I thought I would start a thread for questions pertaining to the Power Vision only, please don't make this a my tuner is better thread.

First questions
Does the Power Vision change the operating system so that other reflashes can not be done? (dealer etc)
No
Yes
Can the PV load a map into a system that has the operating system altered by other tuning devices?
Anyone who can get onto the Dynojet Pow Vision website ( http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/powervision-device-features-and-specs.aspx ) has these and many other questions answered...but I bet you know that. :wink:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Jamie Long

First questions

Power Vision does not affect the operating system. The HD dealer can also continue to communicate with Digital Tech as normal. If you prefer, the entire binary can be easily restored at any time under "Restore Original" with the PV display in less than a minute.

Power Vision allows you read, view, and tune whatever is currently in the ECM. (EXCEPT calibrations that have locked out by the tuning manufacturer)

Sporty 48

Quote from: Jamie Long on August 16, 2012, 09:04:52 AM

First questions

Power Vision does not affect the operating system. The HD dealer can also continue to communicate with Digital Tech as normal. If you prefer, the entire binary can be easily restored at any time under "Restore Original" with the PV display in less than a minute.

Power Vision allows you read, view, and tune whatever is currently in the ECM. (EXCEPT calibrations that have locked out by the tuning manufacturer)
So, if i want to change from TTS Mastertune to PowerVision should I reload the stock tune?
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Sporty 48 on August 16, 2012, 10:09:55 AM
Quote from: Jamie Long on August 16, 2012, 09:04:52 AM

First questions

So, if i want to change from TTS Mastertune to PowerVision should I reload the stock tune?

If you have the ability to restore the complete original binary with no other "surprises", yes you will be able to marry up the PV and go forward with a Power Vision calibration. 

strokerjlk

Quote from: FLTRI on August 16, 2012, 08:54:32 AM

First questions
No
Yes
Anyone who can get onto the Dynojet Pow Vision website ( http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/powervision-device-features-and-specs.aspx ) has these and many other questions answered...but I bet you know that.  :argue:
Bob
Yeah from now on no questions on any product... Just go to their website!
Nice try  :wink:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

BVHOG

Quote from: FLTRI on August 16, 2012, 08:54:32 AM

First questions
No
Yes
Anyone who can get onto the Dynojet Pow Vision website ( http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/powervision-device-features-and-specs.aspx ) has these and many other questions answered...but I bet you know that. :wink:
Bob
No, I actually didn't know, thought it might be possible for the PV to bring up even the existing map of a tts altered operating system. Got my answer, thanks Jamie.
Next question.
Will the PV be offered as a dongle type system where there will be no requirements to purchase a viewing screen every time for someone (like a dyno tuner) who does multiple bikes?

Jamie Long

Quote from: BVHOG on August 16, 2012, 01:11:59 PM
Next question.
Will the PV be offered as a dongle type system where there will be no requirements to purchase a viewing screen every time for someone (like a dyno tuner) who does multiple bikes?

Great question, yes this is already offered. Users have the ability to use the Power Vision on multiple bikes, you can purchase both Tune Licenses and Unlocks thru Dynojet and they offer special discounts for dealers or if you purchase by volume.

strokerjlk

What about learned timing? I realize there are other timing tables tied to learned timing ,but any control over it? Outside of using the handle bar monitor to reset it, is there any other control?
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

ColoSpgsMark

August 16, 2012, 08:06:48 PM #10 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:10:03 PM by ColoSpgsMark
On my current bike I started with the SEPST.  Dealer did a so-so dyno tune on it, but I really wanted him to focus on the open loop, higher load areas.  My intention was to use the SEPST to then fine tune in my riding range.  It was cumbersome to use to say the least, but I knew my VE's were off as high as 12% just by data logging.  Then came the PowerVision.  I decided to make the jump and just pulled my existing tune out of the ECM and started with that one.  I was then able to fine tune it in my closed loop range and get it to where I wanted.  It really is a pretty great tool and very user friendly - no longer do I need to drag my laptop out to the garage or strap it to my bike.

Once I got my VE's dialed in, I then let it fine tune my spark advance.  It will detect knock and very gradually reduce advance in those areas.
2011 Street Glide 103" , TW-222, FM Billet AC
FM Head pipe & 3.5" Mufflers, PV

wolf_59

will the PowerVision work on a 06 bike with o2 sensor conversion?

Herko

August 17, 2012, 04:36:18 AM #12 Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:19:49 PM by Herko
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

BVHOG

Herko, I knew you couldn't stay away from this stuff for long, you should probably buy a dyno again, I know where you can get a good deal on a broken down old POS from a guy who would like to install a new dyno with trike option.
Hope you enjoyed the tuning videos I sent.
Jamie, could you give a more complete explanation of the licencing  vs the unlocks.

Herko

Quote from: BVHOG on August 17, 2012, 05:57:11 AM
Herko, I knew you couldn't stay away from this stuff for long, you should probably buy a dyno again, I know where you can get a good deal on a broken down old POS from a guy who would like to install a new dyno with trike option.
Hope you enjoyed the tuning videos I sent.
Jamie, could you give a more complete explanation of the licencing  vs the unlocks.

Bob, I'm pretty fortunate to still have access to my Dyno which is now at Harley-Davidson Louisville. I'll be their tuning guy for a while. In the HDL Dyno room we left room for the trike expansion retrofit module to convert a 250i to a 250ix.
Videos were great!
Check your email for PV licenses and unlock info.

brunothedog

Does the Power V. allow for "live" tuning? most tuners for the other MC companies let the tuner tune without having to reload the map every time.
thats really the biggest issue my tuner has with the TTS

FLTRI

Quote from: brunothedog on August 17, 2012, 07:15:19 AM
Does the Power V. allow for "live" tuning?...thats really the biggest issue my tuner has with the TTS
TTS, SESPT, Power Vision, Direct Link, and all reflashers can only operate this way.
Why? Because it's the ECM not the software or communications dongle that dictates the engine cannot be running while the ECM is being reflashed.

As far as your tuner, some tuners have taken the time and huge effort to learn to tune with these systems...and it IS a lot more difficult to learn to tune with these systems as compared to add-on boxes that basically take the signal out and extend the time the injectors are open...but can be done with the engine running.

IME recalibrating the ECM rather than taking info out and changing it on the way to the engine has definite advantages...especially as applied to big inch and high compression builds as well as other build idiosyncrasies.

Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

RXBOB

Got one to ask

Can you turn off auto decomps with PV?????

Thumper Buttercup

So with the new changes coming, you can take a bike like our 04 Ultra with the Harley 02's
and AutoTune with out the extra AutoTune unit or do you need the Power Vision and the
AutoTune unit??
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

nhrider

Quote from: FXST120r on August 17, 2012, 07:50:15 PM
Got one to ask

Yes..under Limits & Switches there is an Active Compression Release listing that can be toggled on or off.
2010 FLHRC
2005 FLSTNI

LJfxst

Quote from: nhrider on August 18, 2012, 02:49:31 PM
Quote from: FXST120r on August 17, 2012, 07:50:15 PM
Got one to ask

Yes..under Limits & Switches there is an Active Compression Release listing that can be toggled on or off.
can you import these values if they are not a tune item i have a tune for my softail but it deosnt have this under limits and switches can this be imported

Herko

Quote from: LJfxst on August 18, 2012, 06:28:37 PM
can you import these values if they are not a tune item i have a tune for my softail but it deosnt have this under limits and switches can this be imported
Still getting familiar with PV here. But to get the latest tables to appear for a non-updated cal file, this has worked for me:
With PV unit connected to your PC, open a non-updated cal in WinPV. Then select: Power Vision/"Update Tune using PV..." A few seconds go by and the non-updated cal auto reloads n WinPV as an updated cal with the latest tables now available.

Has worked on the 159 cals and newer. NOTE: This may also be firmware level dependent.

Jamie Long

With current production firmware to Update your tune to expose all of the newest tables and features you will first run the Update Client and make sure you have the latest firmware and software, you will then on the PV display go to Program Vehicle>Load Copy>Copy of Current and save to a slot in the Tune Manager. You can then retrieve it in WinPv.

One of the updates in the latest Beta firmware is the ability to update the tune right thru the software are Herko mentions. This will be included in the production firmware that will be released shortly. As I noted earlier if anyone would like to try the latest Beta FW just shoot me an email at jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I would be happy to send it over.

BVHOG

Another question, can the PV system be used to pull up an existing map from the ecm without locking itself to that particular vin?

LJfxst

Quote from: Jamie Long on August 19, 2012, 04:02:13 PM
With current production firmware to Update your tune to expose all of the newest tables and features you will first run the Update Client and make sure you have the latest firmware and software, you will then on the PV display go to Program Vehicle>Load Copy>Copy of Current and save to a slot in the Tune Manager. You can then retrieve it in WinPv.

One of the updates in the latest Beta firmware is the ability to update the tune right thru the software are Herko mentions. This will be included in the production firmware that will be released shortly. As I noted earlier if anyone would like to try the latest Beta FW just shoot me an email at jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I would be happy to send it over.
i have tried this and in the tune i have the only extra tune item that came up was the active exhaust took it to a dynojet tune centre here in Australia to get tuned and he wasn't able to bring them up either if i try the beta software will the tune that he has done for me stay on power vision because he has locked it and cant save to computer  what im trying to do is turn off the acr