April 27, 2024, 02:15:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SEPST software driver HELP

Started by planemech, July 02, 2016, 08:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

planemech

Anybody know where I can find the drivers for the SEPST? I downloaded the software online and it will not connect to the bike. After looking into it I think the problem is that the drivers are missing. The tuner is connected but will not communicate.

rigidthumper

Drivers should all be installed when SEPSR was installed.  May have to start over.  (Assuming good cables, run/stop switch in run position, battery good, etc). http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com/SuperTuner.aspx has the latest version.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

planemech

Is is compatible with Windows 8? I was told at the dealer today that it would only work with Windows 7. Ive downloaded and installed twice. Cables are good, tried 2 different sets.

rigidthumper

I've never heard of win 8 issues and super tuner.  I still use XP

1Canuck

Take my advice "do whatever you want"
2010 SG

1Canuck

Quote from: planemech on July 02, 2016, 08:53:13 AM
Anybody know where I can find the drivers for the SEPST? I downloaded the software online and it will not connect to the bike. After looking into it I think the problem is that the drivers are missing. The tuner is connected but will not communicate.
did you get a screen to update the VCI?
hook up everything, power on bike and hit check for updates. or reinstall program
2010 SG

planemech

Ive reinstalled the program twice. When I plug in the USB cable the light on the black box comes on for 1 second, the help tab says that means its got a good connection but the bike symbol never goes green. I did the trouble shoot option and it comes back that its missing a driver. Did that both times I installed the program. I can open the map, make and save changes but not flash the ECM.

1Canuck

you have the program working on computer but no connection to the VCI. Black box? someone with one will have to say if it is compatible with new software, mine is orange. You do have a new never married black box? they only work on the first bike connected.
2010 SG

HV

A Black VCI is VERY Old ....as soon as you connect to the Bike it should tell you the VCI ( Black Box ) needs to be updated ...then proceed to update it .....otherwise it will not allow you to reflash the ECM
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

glens

The old VCIs had the ability to update the firmware?

possum528

My SEPST was not compatible with Windows 10. No matter what drivers I down loaded. I wound up returning my laptop to Windows 7. It worked fine after that.
Those of you who use Windows 10, I would sure like to know the special incantations you used to get it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rigidthumper

Quote from: glens on July 05, 2016, 04:15:29 PM
The old VCIs had the ability to update the firmware?

All of the Kent Moore black and orange VCI's (SEPST) should be able to take firmware updates.

KE5RBD

The Black box is usually the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner and not the SEPST.  Up to 2006 they were black and went to the SEPST in 06 or 07.  Don't know if you can down load the SERT software or not.  I installed it from CD on old laptop.  No CD on new lap top so didn't install on it. I have heard some of the first SEPST may have been black also.  Pretty confusing.  What does the VCI have written on it?
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.