May 09, 2024, 02:10:18 PM

News:

Mastertune 2

Started by Steve Cole, August 30, 2012, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Cole

The files placed there by the owner of them are public for any TTS Software user to use. Guess I should have them put up a release statement on the site stating just that. The MTE files are only any good for the bike they came out of and the *.MT8 files would have started life as a TTS Base Calibration.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Steve Cole

I  will give a quick overview of the new tables that have been added. On a 2001 - 2013 Delphi equipped Harley Davidson there is only 1 (one) temperature sensor on the engine itself. It doesn't matter what model, be it a Vrod (Water Cooled),  Sportster, Touring, Dyna or Softail (all Air Cooled). That temperature sensor is called the Engine Temperature Sensor (ET for short) in all applications.

The added tables in our new product give you Head temperature as well as Engine temperature adjustments. Intake Air Temperature or IAT for short is in the intake manifold on Big Twins and Sportsters but in the air box on a Vrod. On the later DBW models it is built into the MAP sensor.

To get Head Temperature the ECM uses the Engine temperature reading and modifies it based on RPM and Load. This is a preset adjustment added to the Engine Temperature. So when adjusting anything based on Head temperature you must be careful in how you look at things as a modified engine may very well have a Head temperature that is not really correct as the modifier is calibrated based on a stock head and engine.

Cam Selector (new)

More adjustments added for the newer models

Active exhaust Control 1st gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 2nd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 3rd gear (new)(international bikes only)
Active exhaust Control 4th - 6th gear (new)(international bikes only)

Allows adjustment of the Exhaust Control Valve on the international bikes equipped with this option. Has no effect on bikes not equipped with the option.

Head Temperature MAP (new)

Controls when the Head Temperature Lambda/AFR table is active.

Warmup Spark (new)

Controls addition Spark when engine is first started

IAT Spark correction(new)

Controls Spark modifier based on the Intake Air Temperature

Head Temperature Lambda/AFR (new)

Controls an additional Fuel control under special conditions

Head Temperature Spark Correction (new)

Spark modifier based on the indirect measured Head Temperature,
this is not used in many calibrations

Coyote

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 05, 2012, 07:30:31 PM
The files placed there by the owner of them are public for any TTS Software user to use. Guess I should have them put up a release statement on the site stating just that. The MTE files are only any good for the bike they came out of and the *.MT8 files would have started life as a TTS Base Calibration.

I guess I can see some real issues from this especially where the tuning file is uploaded. You will eventually have someone downloading tuning files and sticking them in their bike to see how they do. A malicious person could upload some pretty bad tuning files I would guess and potentially trash someones motor?

For the MTE files, I think most would be better to just upload it to a free file sharing site with restricted access guaranteed. But that's JMO.

hrdtail78

BUT... If people change the file comment file. We could have a great data base for combinations out there. All depends on what people want to do... ??
Semper Fi

Coyote

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 05, 2012, 08:31:58 PM
BUT... If people change the file comment file. We could have a great data base for combinations out there. All depends on what people want to do... ??

Really? You would trust whatever was posted?    :unsure:

feng jui

Hi Steve,

Thx for the reply concerning cables. I need the J1850 kit and I guess the USB cable as well (as I do not have any Laptop with serial interface anymore), or is USB interface now included with the kit?

Another question to getting a better understanding on the maps I can download from your repository. There is a map matchig my (still) european stock configuration (EFQ something). Is this already an optimized map for my CVO 1800 stock HDI model or just the same as what I have on the bike from Factory?

I would like to learn to use TTS step by step so an already optimize map for stock configuration might be great to experiance a difference without already running a vtune, which will be the next step once the first mods come in.
Thx for the kind support in the forum, I am new to HD and as such will be new to TTS and mods as well.

Jui

hrdtail78

Quote from: Coyote on September 05, 2012, 09:30:30 PM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 05, 2012, 08:31:58 PM

Really? You would trust whatever was posted?    :unsure:

Whatever was posted, No!  But let's say in the tuning comments that it was for a 96 stage 2 build with a Andrew's 48 cam.  Final done by RC Cycles.  Just for example.  I would have no problems using this for a "starter" cal.  Then again I understand all Cals are just a starting point anyway.  Like I said.  It depends on what people want to do with this.  For me.  Correctly labeling things, is a must for tuning.  We can nickpick it all day, but I don't see it any different than using a starter cal from Kury's website.  Or people coming on here looking for a starter cals.
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

Quote from: Coyote on September 05, 2012, 08:03:05 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 05, 2012, 07:30:31 PM

I guess I can see some real issues from this especially where the tuning file is uploaded. You will eventually have someone downloading tuning files and sticking them in their bike to see how they do. A malicious person could upload some pretty bad tuning files I would guess and potentially trash someones motor?

For the MTE files, I think most would be better to just upload it to a free file sharing site with restricted access guaranteed. But that's JMO.

Yes, someone could put a bad calibration file there but it's no different than putting one here on the forum or anywhere else. The truth is you can choose to do whatever you like and we have provided a free service to all TTS Users to store there own files. You can name them how you like and put what comments in you like, it's all up to you. No one can change the files, they can only take a copy of it. So it's really simple to store your own files so you can download them later if you need too. If they choose to use one from someone else, that is there choice, and that comes with certain risk just as everything else in this life does. Typically a bad calibration isn't going to run right and your going to know it long before any damage is going to occur.

Customers have asked for away to share calibrations and store them so that they can be retrieved at anytime, We have provided that for them now.

feng jui

Both cables for the unit are included in cable kit so if you order a J1850 cable kit you get two cables in the box. You can go to our website and download the "Tuning Guide" which will walk you through how to work with things. You can also download the current software if you like by downloading and installing the tts_software_updater-setup-121.zip from 

http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm

Nebraskarider1

Since I don't have a serial port on my laptop and need usb and my bike is j1850 I would need the usb to serial cable, along with the j1850 kit. Is that correct?

Steve Cole

All you need for the new unit is the J1850 cable kit. The new unit is USB only.

redmtrckl

Any word on the new software for downloading?
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Tsani

Quote from: blkmtrckl on September 14, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
Any word on the new software for downloading?

He answered that over in the Vendor section. Possibly by the end of this week.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

TheBobs

September 14, 2012, 09:16:04 AM #37 Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:12:31 PM by TheBobs
Edited

Mr. Wizard

Software is up... Hint: kill your antivirus. Avast stopped the download, then the install. Downloading my third try now.

redmtrckl

Got mine downloaded. PC Tools stopped it the first time.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Thumper Buttercup

With our 04 Ultra and running a MT8 is there any advantage to running the
new software??
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

redmtrckl

Quote from: Thumper Buttercup on September 16, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
new software??

I think the Vtune is supposed to be able to sample more fasterer.
That's the biggest plus I see right now.
Yes! I am an Infidel.
And proud of it!

Jeffd

Quote from: blkmtrckl on September 16, 2012, 06:42:18 AM
Quote from: Thumper Buttercup on September 16, 2012, 06:26:39 AM
new software??

I think the Vtune is supposed to be able to sample more fasterer.
That's the biggest plus I see right now.

I thought that had more to do with the canbus system.

Rider57

Faster on the canbus only.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

Tsani

Thumper, So far the biggest advantage about the new software for us guys using the older setup is that the vtune can use mutiple data runs along with the cal file. So if I have a file were I concentrated on the low areas and another that did elsewhere, I can use em both. I can see where that is a big help.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Thumper Buttercup

Quote from: Tsani on September 16, 2012, 10:08:10 AM
Thumper, So far the biggest advantage about the new software for us guys using the older setup is that the vtune can use mutiple data runs along with the cal file. So if I have a file were I concentrated on the low areas and another that did elsewhere, I can use em both. I can see where that is a big help.

Thanks, just looking if it's worth our time being we are almost done.
04 Ultra, 95 Cu, 48N, Larry's Heads TTS

Mr. Wizard

Need to get used to the "increment" and "decrement" buttons being switched. The increment is on top now.  :doh:

emxgarcia

Simple confirmation request:
From what I see. The HD06 firmware update refers to the new interface. Correct?
'07 FLHX • SE204 • K&N 3933 • Akrapovic 2:1 • TTS • Progressive Touring Link

pauly

Hi,

I've updated the updater to 1.21, and it reports that on my installation, there's nothing to update... but my Mastertune is V 1.8.4, last updated in 2011 - Is there something wrong my end, or is the new version not out yet?
Thanks
Pauly

Hilly13

Pauly have look at the list of downloads, tick the boxes that you want and hit download, that should do it :)
Just because its said don't make it so