April 27, 2024, 08:56:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

evo heads on shovel

Started by stroker800, February 06, 2009, 04:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stroker800

1st off ,,,Vern any part will fit any motor if you have desire and a machinist,,I work on a friends 62 pan with an evo top end,,,great runnin bike.
2nd,,,Canadian ...I'm workin in North Van again till middle of Mar,,the weather here is rainy and have no bike,,,so,,,off to work.
3rd I perfer pans ,shovels and kinda gettin use to evos....I'm not sayin they're better , but new bikes have No personallity. You ride one model,,you rode them all. Each one of my motors have there own feel,vibe and sound,,I also like the seperate motor/tranny set up,,,my pan has a5 speed hooked up to it,,my shovel is in a rigid frame I made outta 2 softails with a 4 speed kicker...I like the ease of motor removal on the old bikes,,,if need be I can throw my pan motor into my shovel frame in bout 2 hrs.
I'm not sayin I wouldn't own a TC,,,,,have been lookin at a cop RK...This wouldn't be abike to put time or money into,,as its nothing special,,,I find it hard to take pride in a mass produced cookie cutter bike.  Its HD answer,,get every human on a bike,,,,i don't like that either...I just like what I like,,,,
Dave

CraigArizona85248

Dave,

I'm with you... I'd rather ride something different.  I've never seen Evo heads on a shovel or pan motor.  As you go through this document it and post up detailed pics if you can.  I think it will be interesting to see... and I'm all for learning something new.

-Craig