April 27, 2024, 03:42:33 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SHE'S BACK AFTER 28 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by amf 71flh, January 16, 2013, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amf 71flh

she's almost done, now if only it stopped snowing.......

:chop:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Winston Wolf

Nice job. Stock is cock. Did it come stock with the steel wheels?  Is that a 4" wide 18" Avon tire on the back?

amf 71flh

All XLCH kick starts had the steel wheels, pussy button XLH bikes had the alloys.

Good eye, yes that's an 18" Avon.....

desertrat

Winston Wolf

Did yours come with the license plate alarm like my 74?

amf 71flh

no sir, I think only 74 Sportsters came stock with them....

amf 71flh

here she is 37 years ago....

Mountainman streetbob

Brice H Dyal  The "Mountainmman"
US Army 89-01 35H/12B US Army AMC

amf 71flh

and here she is now!!!!!  rode it yesterday, I love Ironheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saltcaveminer

what can be said except for thanks to ron for this great project.the bike is beautiful. thank you for sharing it with all.ironhead sportsters have a special meaning to us that most other riders and certainly the general public can't comprehend.for us older riders it reminds us of our youth and the impact harley had on that generation.for the new riders all i can say is welcome to a great machine and please keep the tradition alive.Salty
PS:ron narragansett beach will come alive (with memories)the first blast thru.smile,laugh,shout,enjoy,you earned it!

ricochet

That is a nice looking ironhead.  You got that right Salty about them holding a special place in the hearts of those who have owned one especially in their youth.  For me it was 73 and I had graduated from a 125 Rapido to a 650 Triumph Tiger to the 73 XLH in about 1 years time.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven taking it home on Feb 5th in 20 degree weather.  Highschool would never be the same that summer.  And that's why they call me ricochet.  Bing... bing... bing.....

ricochet

tilly

You must be one happy guy ! Great story , it must have been meant to be !!!!!
:teeth:

Sonny S.

Quote from: amf 71flh on February 24, 2013, 04:40:26 AM
and here she is now!!!!!  rode it yesterday, I love Ironheads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:up:  very cool !!

Hilly13

Just because its said don't make it so

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

harley1450000

did it feel like you were back in time on that cool looking bike?nice job keeping it all stock,very nice job on the resto.

amf 71flh

thank you my brothers, only you would understand..... :hug:

harley1450000

your welcome sir,thanks for sharing your story