May 09, 2024, 03:22:56 PM

News:

Redline Heavy Shockproof

Started by JohnCA58, January 25, 2013, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnCA58

January 25, 2013, 11:02:42 PM Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:12:06 AM by JohnCA58
I am sold on Redline Heavy Shockproof oil,   I was running this oil in this trans for some time,  on one service, I got distracted and forgot to fill the trans with oil.   ran this trans with no oil for 400 miles. I could have just put oil in it and ran it.  magnet had very little metal, anyhow I had another trans and put it in. finally pull it apart today and clean it up.  it is in great shape..

YOLO

04 SE Deuce

January 26, 2013, 12:51:23 AM #1 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:55:09 AM by 04 SE DEUCE
 :up:  Heavy Shockproof...a lot of extreme use racing applications out there running this,  desert, circle track etc. good stuff.  Probably the best product around for a drain and run dry application,  your not the first to do this.

Need to leave MTL off the title line..MTL is the Manuel Transmission Lube a 70w80 gear oil, about the same viscosity as a 5w30 motor oil.  Also labeled as V-Twin Primary Case Oil.   Rick

Jaycee1964

I run a couple oz's of Lucas oil stabilizer and fill the rest with Red Line.  Has worked well for me.  I like the non-drt start properties of the Lucas along with the qualities of the Red Line.  Good stuff!
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

JohnCA58

04, your right, thanx for the heads up.   :banghead:
YOLO

BUBBIE

:idea: :rose:

My sediments exactly. :up:

Good Stuff.

I bet you really had to WASH the parts off to remove Red. :hyst:

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

Overcamber

Due to the rising cost of Ammunition a warning shot Won't be fired !

stglidesrule

It does a good job but the smell in the summer out the vent hose is not to pleasant and when you dump it out, don't leave it in a drain pan overnight in your garage like I did. It took me several days to get that odor out of my 3 car garage.

truck

A garage is supposed to smell like oil. Isn't it? :scratch:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Ohio HD

Quote from: JohnCA58 on January 25, 2013, 11:02:42 PM
I am sold on Redline Heavy Shockproof oil,   I was running this oil in this trans for some time,  on one service, I got distracted and forgot to fill the trans with oil.   ran this trans with no oil for 400 miles. I could have just put oil in it and ran it.  magnet had very little metal, anyhow I had another trans and put it in. finally pull it apart today and clean it up.  it is in great shape..

Glad to see that I'm not the only one with a magnifying glass and a jewelers scope in my tool box...    :emoGroan:

By the way, didn't you know that red stuff is the destroyer of transmissions? I read it on the internet....   :potstir:

baker

I guess we need a magnifying glass club... :scratch:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Ohio HD

Didn't have the magnifying glass out here, but did have the readin cheaters for the readin the ring end gap calculation....

Gap was checked top and bottom ya know.   :wink:

[attach=0]

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

rbabos

Got a nice little x10 lense used by machinist sometimes. Between my readers and the x10s I'm scared to use any parts now , they are so scratchy looking. :hyst:
Ron

Tsani

ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

JohnCA58

Quote from: Tsani on January 27, 2013, 08:20:57 AM
I use my iPhone.

Best one yet,  had to use it on the roof the other day when central quit working,   couldn't read the model # and use the Iphone   :bike:
YOLO

04 SE Deuce

JohnCA58,  You should contact Red line they might want to use your story/testimonial.   Rick

HighLiner

Did Redline change the bottle?  I picked some up the other day and it doesn't say "heavy" on the front any where.  I asked the parts guy and he said it was the stuff but I still want to make sure.

04 SE Deuce

January 27, 2013, 12:02:17 PM #16 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:55:20 PM by FSG
What does it say on the label?   Red line has different weights of Shockproof gear oil along with other gear oils without shockproof.  If you are referring to Red line V-twin trans. lube,  that is the same as Heavy Shockproof just different label.   http://www.harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,58965.0.html     Rick

BUBBIE

They do Bottle it differently now: calling it V-twin transmission oil with ShockProof in a Black bottle/silver label with a long neck.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=119&pcid=13

Same fluid as our unique Heavy ShockProof® Gear Oil in the white long neck bottle with pink label.

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

HighLiner

dogger

I just recently changed the SHOCKPROOF that had been the tranny since around 2005. had to add some after replacing the sift shaft seal. I would periodicly check it and dribble alittle in if I felt like it. When I drained it, it was still as red and slippery as the new stuff I put in.

WI Bob

Now that is an oil test right there.
With awesome results.

What color is your parts washer fluid now. :wink:
Just here for the women.