Strangest/Biggest "öbject" carried on your "ride"?

Started by RKC03, February 10, 2009, 06:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKC03

Getting ready to drive  :emsad: my ford ranger out to Indianapolis to visit son, grandaugther and the rest of the "bunch", rather ride with the end of the world coming soon  :cry: , watching history channel's Notradomus, anyway, was/am gonna pick up couple tires, 15" tires for my f150 4x4 (1986 variety), truck of course....what's the stangest object and biggest object any of you have/tried to carry on your bike?     Ride While Ya Can  :up:  RKC03
RKC03

HotRock

I once bought a 12 ga shotgun at a sale.   I was 60 miles from home and strapped it to the luggage rack.   I guess it looked kinda funny going down the road but nobody tried to run me off the road that day.

02roadcling

A few 6' bamboo poles across my lap and used my gut to hold them.  :embarrassed:

26 yrs ago I picked up a really cute but really fat girl with monstrous boobs on my old Superglide.  :teeth:

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

hharley2002

Quote from: 02roadcling on February 10, 2009, 07:15:41 AM
A few 6' bamboo poles across my lap and used my gut to hold them.  :embarrassed:

26 yrs ago I picked up a really cute but really fat girl with monstrous boobs on my old Superglide.  :teeth:

cling

Yup, the ole back cushions.....great for long rides...on the bike that is.... :smilep:
Hharley2002

Ed S

1981, was in the marine corps, moved off base with a bud, his car wouldn't start at the grocery store, so we put him and 4 bags of groceries and a mop on my 550 kawasaki with me. Sure got some funny looks on the way home.

CTB

Nothing to big on the back of my bike but I just got back from a bike trip in Northern Vietnam and was amazed by what they get on the back of  their scooters. Pigs (3or4) at once, dozens of cages with chickens, furniture, etc etc.

J-Carr

5 Cases of beer on a Sporty (at one time).
Golf Clubs in bag, upright on a Sporty.
Guitar in hard case, upright on a Sporty.
12 bags of groceries, on a Sporty.
16 plastic bags of groceries, numerous times, on 2 different dressers (I'm hoping to beat that record this year).
Front and Rear wheel from a Dyna, on Nemo.

But the biggest thing I carried on my bike was this chick... Nah... better not tell that story.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin Nemo Dresser
Auburn, PA

Rags722

I just did a search on "overloaded motorcycle" and this site had some pretty good examples of slightly exceeding the load capacity of a motorcycle.
http://www.parish-without-borders.net/cditt/cambodia/dailylife/2005/dailylifekh05.htm

iski

Quote from: J-Carr on February 10, 2009, 07:46:15 AM
5 Cases of beer on a Sporty (at one time).
Golf Clubs in bag, upright on a Sporty.
Guitar in hard case, upright on a Sporty.
12 bags of groceries, on a Sporty.
16 plastic bags of groceries, numerous times, on 2 different dressers (I'm hoping to beat that record this year).
Front and Rear wheel from a Dyna, on Nemo.

But the biggest thing I carried on my bike was this chick... Nah... better not tell that story.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

If she was also the strangest thing, you have an obligation to tell that story.   :beer:

J-Carr

Sorry Iski, my friend.  She was not even close to the strangest.  Just a big girl who wanted a ride.  No ulterior motive on her part or mine.  Looked a little funny becuase I was a big guy (300+) at the time.  She was close to the same.  Sporty earned it's keep that day!

The strangest thing I ever carried, was a different chick... Not bad looking at all, but made Britney Spears look like the model of sanity.  Freaky chicks can be cool.  This one wasn't.  Sorry no pics... which is a shame because she was not at all shy.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
Auburn, PA

calbyker69

Not the largest OR the strangest-just the MOST impossible.
2 round watermelons and all I had was a couple of bungee cords. They only made it 3 blocks. They were a little easier to strap down once they were no longer round!

iski

J-Carr - will buy ya a brew or 2 to hear those tales.  Have carried a few strange ones myself. 

Guess the biggest thing (other than wimmens) I ever carried on my bike was a big ice chest.  No pics - but it was a balancing act.

4DWUDS

And the bags are full with the smaller boxes. Thought about starting a small delivery service, then thought better of using the bike.
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

V24me

new tire for the bike (wearing it around my waste)

set of golf clubs I found cheap (no bag, just laid across the seat and sat on them)
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

Baggerlady

Our microwave died one day, so on the way home from work, I stopped at Wal-Mart and got some pretty funny looks packing it out of the store wearing my chaps. I strapped it on, and made it home!  I have packed 50 pound sacks of grain home for the horse too, and I strapped three 20 pound bags of Traeger pellets. The pellets were a bit more tricky, but we made it! Have bungies, will travel! :rose:

08blackstreetglide

I'm like a few of the other guys. A big fat ass chick!  Twenty five years ago got talked into a blind date. When I seen her out in the yard, I would have just  zoomed on by. Unfortunately, she lived in the last house on a dead end street, so I had nowhere to run and hide!

IndyHarley

I brought a baby high chair once home on the back of my Ultra for the new grandson. looked funny and when at a stop light the lady cager next to me asked where was the baby, as she was being funny - I replied as straight faced as always and I looked quite surprised by saying - "Oh crap where the hell did he fall off at" and I thought the lady was going to start crying - well I am glad the light changed colors as she didn't have time to get my plate number.
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

Ape_do

All of my wordly possessions in one trip back in 1985.

I got transferred from USCG TRACEN Petaluma  to USCG Group San Francisco. I had two sea bags (military duffle), two garbage bags full of clothes, two guitars, a boom box and various other boxes strapped all over an old, crusty 360 Honda. High winds on the Golden Gate bridge made it more interesting.

I actually miss those days...

Scurvy

150lb pig, dressed out for bbq'ing from the meat packers to a pig roast layed out sideways on the back of my bonneville.
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

Sonny S.

6' step ladder
2 empty apple crates.
Tires
rims
A big azz pumpkin
A 23lb turkey
4 cases of 400 watt Metal Halide light bulbs
2 cases of 48" T8 fluorescent bulbs
200' of 6 gauge cable
double layer chocolate cake.... did not go well  :emsad:
15" TV ... not flat screen
DVD player
groceries.... typical
Large pizza's .... all the time
5 gallon bucket of paint
ex girlfriend...... naked  :smilep:

RK101

The local Thursday morning Waitress. Nice girl and a great waitress, but she bottomed out my RK shocks.  Did ya ever want to kick your own a** for opening your mouth. Even if you were kidding. :cry:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

garlow3

Wife & I were riding in the smokies a few years back. Stopped at a Yard Sell and came across a 4 ft tall Ragady Ann Doll. Wife just had to get it for Grand daughter. I will never forget the looks we got on the rest of the trip that day.

rattlecan

harborjohn

Wow!   The weight of that loaded Honda XR and that trailer might be more than that Electra Glide.

Sonny S.

rattlecan

February 10, 2009, 03:26:04 PM #25 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 03:27:44 PM by rattlecan
Quote from: harborjohn on February 10, 2009, 03:22:02 PM
Wow!   The weight of that loaded Honda XR and that trailer might be more than that Electra Glide.

The thread didn't say it had to be smart.  lol.  BTW, the trailer weighs 175lbs, the XR weighs 325lbs.  I've seen guys OL's and gear weigh that much.  :teeth:

Oh, and it's a 98' Road Glide with a EV27 and pro pipe.  Pulls Black Canyon hwy and I17 to Flagstaff.

harborjohn

Quote from: rattlecan on February 10, 2009, 03:26:04 PM
Quote from: harborjohn on February 10, 2009, 03:22:02 PM

The thread didn't say it had to be smart.  lol.  BTW, the trailer weighs 175lbs, the XR weighs 325lbs.  I've seen guys OL's and gear weigh that much.  :teeth:

Oh, and it's a 98' Road Glide with a EV27 and pro pipe.  Pulls Black Canyon hwy and I17 to Flagstaff.
Thats not too bad. I had that trailer at about 375lbs and the bike at 350lbs. i have the same bike without the desert tank and the lighting. Your right I have seen 350 lb guys with 250lbs ol ladies and loaded with gear.

BART

I gave a friend of mine a ride to pick up his bike about 25 miles away.  Between the two of us we had 600# + on that Harley.  My wife took a photo as she couldn't help but laugh at us.  It looked like two guys going down the road with a wheel hanging out his butt. 

BART

bigbutt

A buffalo skull.....Coudn't pass up a good deal in Rapid City.

texaskatfish

Ok no single object - but one hellovva load of groceries! (on a Honda CL175 - aka grandfather of today's 'Rebel')

6 large frozen pizzas
1 50# sack of dog food (pizzas & dog chow strapped down behind me and overhanging the taillight)
3 stuffed (paper) sacks of groceries held up between my beer gut and the handlebars.

I got all this loaded (bike on centerstand) up on the sidewaqlk at the store..................rocked her off the centerstand and could NOT put my feet down without dropping the bags..........I made it across I-35 and through the neighborhood - about 300 feet from our house 1 bag started to slip - I got on the horn and was hollerin for my roommate who just made it out into the carport in time to catch that slippin bag before I dropped it!

*Mission accomplished!*
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Panzer

February 11, 2009, 11:03:22 AM #30 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:50:40 PM by Panzer
Holly molly, these threads made my day, laughing all the time I'm reading them.  :hyst:
All I need to hear is someone carrying a 4x8 sheet of plywood strapped down from the seat to the windshield and the rider hunched down under it steering.
            I love this.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

stro1965

Buddy and I loaded up our tourpac racks with firewood (it was a relatively short ride back to camp).  Got some funny looks though!

HIPPO

PanHeadDave

many years ago after many a beer I talked to Chicks into getting on my bike for the ride back to there Place.
I had one on the gas tank and one on the p pad when the cops pulled me over.
Told the cop if he watche one I would drop one off and come back and pick the other one up.
I left him with the ugly one and never went back

Great Night

PHD

GLFLSTCI02

The OL and I brought the Xmas tree home on the bike a couple of years ago. The tree was not big, but this was in Ontario, not Arizona  :wink:

Gene
"Gee Ward, you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" June Cleaver

J-Carr

Quote from: PanHeadDave on February 11, 2009, 12:36:21 PM
many years ago after many a beer I talked to Chicks into getting on my bike for the ride back to there Place.
I had one on the gas tank and one on the p pad when the cops pulled me over.
Told the cop if he watche one I would drop one off and come back and pick the other one up.
I left him with the ugly one and never went back

Great Night

PHD

That's cold bro!  Funny as hell, but cold!

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
Auburn, PA

Milehog

I had a mildly funny (OK, lame) story to tell but PHD's story  :hyst: is a tough act to follow.
Nevermind.
Proud IBA member

rattlecan

Quote from: HIPPO on February 11, 2009, 11:53:41 AM
Quote from: rattlecan on February 10, 2009, 03:14:28 PM

Waiting for the white truck to leave?   :hyst:

No, I was waiting for you to come out of Mc Donalds and fix my ignition switch.  It's a good thing I carry and extra bike.  :hyst:

chopper

Both many years ago, on an old Guzzi.

Fender Strat and amp.  (bought a 600 mile round trip..) (the things we do fer luv, eh?)

Minbike..  bought it for 35 bucks and bungeed it to the rear rack/seat.  (only bout 20 miles though)
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

jaxhog

The wife and I on the heritage with a 3' X 4' framed picture for about 10 miles,  top speed was bout 30 mph she thought it would blow her off!! :wink:

hd06myway

Wow, what a question...lol.  I don't know, had a tent and bags when I went out to Sturgis in 1990, but some of the strangest/biggest things I've seen on the back of some Gold Wings were pretty scary.  250 lb bitches asleep on the back, drooling all down their sweat suits!  Aughhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyst:

mark61

'72 FLH---5 people  couple different times. Once total weight was 1100 lbs.  Once was me and 4 women. Sure wish I could find the pictures and video of those rides.  Just went round in circles in a flat field.  Got to 2nd gear and the other people started freaking out.
     I like that trailer your second bike idea! Like to tow my Buell down to Deals gap with the roadking....ummm....wonder what the insurance people would say?

mark61

crazy joe

The strangest thing was my ex.... she's a nut but has a good heart (when shes not in the nut mode)

Panzer

Tons of fun !!   :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

jimrookie

Compound miter saw , but after reading this thread I see that Ive been really holding back

HIPPO

Quote from: rattlecan on February 11, 2009, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: HIPPO on February 11, 2009, 11:53:41 AM
Quote from: rattlecan on February 10, 2009, 03:14:28 PM

Waiting for the white truck to leave? 

No, I was waiting for you to come out of Mc Donalds and fix my ignition switch.  It's a good thing I carry and extra bike. 

Well, I was going to answer the original question truthfully but I was really scared that my ex could view the board via Google or something, and then I saw the picture.  :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

rad3766

When I worked for Uncle, carried two 6" bronze gate valves across the base to the pipe shop in Sandy Eggo on my Yamaha 650.
Lately, nuttin bigger than a 48 quart cooler.
98 FLHTPI Miss Suzy HOG, AMA, IBA, PGR

China twin 88

February 12, 2009, 05:51:37 AM #48 Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:53:32 AM by China shovel

not sure if u can see this but it is a propane bottle.. a large one... when I noticed what was in the side hack... I started to follow at a more respectful distance
LMMC/LAMF

China twin 88

One of my favs...after all .. I think that we all have a some time to watch a little tube wile riding...
LMMC/LAMF

Big Dan

Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Milehog

Proud IBA member

RKC03

had a "seabag" duffel bag strapped to a "expanded" T-bag 10 years ago when I took a soft-tail custom on a ride down Rte  66 to the PCH or as it's better known name of Pacific Coast Highway. The wind atop the Rockies that my solid rear wheel and the large mass attached to my sissy-bar caught, nearly scared the sh*t outta me......oh the memories .....Ride While Ya Can  RKC03  :wink:
RKC03

ViennaHog

DenverBagger

I brought an upright vacuum cleaner in for service - had it secured to my torso with a bungee cord - got quite a few laughs from occupants in cars at stoplights.