May 10, 2024, 09:11:46 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rumors of some popular models being discontinued for 2014

Started by Garry in AZ, February 27, 2013, 02:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koko3052

Too Darn many models... plain & simple
40 some years ago, 4-5 models...4-5 colors.... take yer pick!
Now cause it's got a different bolt head than the other one... it's a different model! :idunno: :pop:

HV

Well the Models mentioned ARE being discontinued...as to whats replacing them.......we will see....I know for one...Ill never trade my RG for a new one if its a water Buffalo ..or has a fairing that looks like a new Honda Goldwing  :down:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

N-gin

Wonder what the Road glides going to look like?
Gives me another year to save up for one.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

boooby1744

Time to bring back the Softail std and Low rider..................

bigbearkiller

Put the V-rod engine in a bagger.....tweek it a bit and it would see like hot cakes!

hd06myway

Quote from: Rags722 on February 28, 2013, 01:06:53 PM
Read into it what you want, but I see  bikes WITHOUT lowers (FLT/FLH series) on the chopping block.  Now, why would you get rid of all the bikes without lowers in the touring class?  Could it be you keep all the bikes WITH lowers to hide something..... like a radiator.   :pop:

If my memory is correct, when the TC was introduced, it showed up in the first year in the FLH/FLT line first.  Could a water cooled head or water cooled motor be in our future?

That's what I was suspecting... we've seen the drawings of that water system, it maintains the same look as the TC... so we don't have ot worry about it looking like a metro motor or Victory... at least.

hd06myway

Quote from: koko3052 on February 28, 2013, 07:04:17 PM
Too Darn many models... plain & simple
40 some years ago, 4-5 models...4-5 colors.... take yer pick!
Now cause it's got a different bolt head than the other one... it's a different model! :idunno: :pop:

That's a good thing, otherwise we'd be chopping them up like the Shovel years and before to get the kind of bike we really want.. I don't think anyone wants to go back to a Sportster, a Super Glide and a Dresser... :nix:  I know Harley doesn't want to, bad for business all the way around, form reliability to sales...

GaryD

I couldn't give a "Potty mouth". If it ain't a TriGlide I'm not interested.  :up:   :crash:

Harley's loosing the younger crowd daily. I'm not seeing many new younger faces.
The economy doesn't help either.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

98roadking

Every year since I've been on here the new model was going to be water based. One of these years the guessing will be right :hyst:

topcat3815

I would like to see a 120r in a FXR frame, which really wouldnt be to hard to manufacture as the FXR and current FLH frame are basically the same frame.

Rags722

Quote from: hd06myway on March 01, 2013, 06:08:25 AM
Read into it what you want, but I see  bikes WITHOUT lowers (FLT/FLH series) on the chopping block.  Now, why would you get rid of all the bikes without lowers in the touring class?  Could it be you keep all the bikes WITH lowers to hide something..... like a radiator.   :pop:

If my memory is correct, when the TC was introduced, it showed up in the first year in the FLH/FLT line first.  Could a water cooled head or water cooled motor be in our future?

That's what I was suspecting... we've seen the drawings of that water system, it maintains the same look as the TC... so we don't have ot worry about it looking like a metro motor or Victory... at least.

So, when you suddenly plop down your money for a new bike that comes with 100+ HP and 100+ tq runs cool AND is as reliable as any other water cooled motor, what the hell do we complain about then???  Oh wait, never mind, I forgot all about the compensator.  Whew, I thought HTT may have to shut down cause everyone was out riding.   :hyst:

sneakypete

Theres no doubt the water coolers are on their way.  The government has been on Harley's' ass for years to produce a more emissions efficient engine. Many people have expected them to show up after the twin cams reach the end of their production cycle.  Maybe what we are seeing is Harley testing the water.  pete

Herko

My chakra beads say we'll have OIL cooled heads before they're water cooled.
My crystal ball shows the 2014 Tourings will be managed via CAN buss .
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Durwood

Quote from: Herko on March 01, 2013, 08:17:24 AM
John,what does your crystal ball say about the 2015 Roadglide? lol

Herko

Quote from: Durwood on March 01, 2013, 08:21:32 AM
My crystal ball only has the basic package which limits predictions to only one year out in the future. But, I'll check with Madam Zelda my palm reader about the 2015 Roadglides and let you know.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

Durwood

Quote from: Herko on March 01, 2013, 08:44:53 AM
My crystal ball only has the basic package which limits predictions to only one year out in the future. But, I'll check with Madam Zelda my palm reader about the 2015 Roadglides and let you know.
:hyst: :hyst:

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: Herko on March 01, 2013, 08:44:53 AM

Yes, please do.  Dont care about the motor, I can always change that.  Just want to be certain they dont make an ugly fairing on the RG.  If it looks anything like a batwing/goldwing, my next ride will be a Heritage.

Nooter99

Quote from: GARYD on March 01, 2013, 06:51:15 AM
I couldn't give a "Potty mouth". If it ain't a TriGlide I'm not interested.  :up:   :crash:

Harley's loosing the younger crowd daily. I'm not seeing many new younger faces.
The economy doesn't help either.

Remind me again, when was it that Harley had "a younger crowd"??
Unless you're talking about the 50's and 60's before they invented the crotch rocket.
Better to die a million dollars in debt, than with a million in the bank!

rbabos

Quote from: 98roadking on March 01, 2013, 06:56:43 AM
Every year since I've been on here the new model was going to be water based. One of these years the guessing will be right :hyst:
Exactly. Every year it's rumored the last year for the v rod.  They show up again, only better. 2012 and 13s prime example.
Ron

harleyjt

Twin cam was used in the Touring line and the Dynas in 1999.  Softails in 2000. 
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

GaryD

Nooter99, a few years back we got a lot of 20 somethings joining our chapter and some 30 somethings. Those are all younger crowds to me - hell, even 40's are youngsters to me.  :hyst:
Now it seems everyone's buying Electa-glides. 
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

sir_will_yum

Due to America's rising obesity rate Harley is announcing their new line-up. They will continue the Fat Boy and Fat Bob  To these strong sellers they will add the Fat Glide, the Fat Tail the Fat King and to expand their sales the Fat girl.  :chop:

biglew55

Don't forget the 2013 1/2 Non-CVO Breakout.  Due out next week.  I have seen a pic on another forum.  Could have been faked.  I don't think so.

Yes the FLHT line will have the Limited and Ultra (with lowers) Street Glide (without lowers) and the Road King (also sans).

Curious what 2015 will bring.  I plan on getting a 50th Anniversary Electra-Glide, to go with my First Anniversary model.
2020 FLHTK - 2018 BMW R1200 GSA - 1965 FLHFB
IBA #595

PoorUB

Quote from: 98roadking on March 01, 2013, 06:56:43 AM

I have been hearing "next year the engines will be water cooled" mantra for quite a few years. I suspect is will happen sooner or later and this may be the year, but until I see it, I ain't gonna believe it. We always hear of the one guy with the inside line at HD that knows someone that cleans the CEO's bathroom that saw a letter, blue print, or over heard a conversation, but they have all been rumours.

The funny part is the guy screaming "next year will be water cooled", (for the last ten or so years), will be hollering, "I was correct!"

If HD permantly attaches the lowers on a Ultra and slaps radiators in them, they will lose me as a customer, unless they really have something creative figured out. If it is like the drawings that were floating around a few years ago they lost me.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: biglew55 on March 01, 2013, 06:30:29 PM
Don't forget the 2013 1/2 Non-CVO Breakout.  Due out next week.  I have seen a pic on another forum.  Could have been faked.  I don't think so.

I cant see a mid year model this late in the year, but man I hope you are right.  That bike would be enough to make me jump off my RG.  I just cant do that 110 POS motor, or the Breakout would be in my garage right now.