May 09, 2024, 03:27:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

big shot pipes

Started by fxdl03, April 03, 2013, 07:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxdl03

can these pipes make any power with the crossover chamber two into one is not in the budget now .

hrdtail78

I have no idea what pipes you are talking about.  Can you post a link or some pics.
Semper Fi

guydoc77

April 03, 2013, 07:37:03 PM #2 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:41:23 PM by guydoc77
Big shots longs, shorts, or staggered?
Assuming you are talking about V&H right?
If I recall you can/could get them with the so called "Power Chamber" which is an area of sandwiching of the flow of the two head pipes where they come together right behind the tranny cover. Supposed to make them function somewhat like a 2:1 pipe yet retain the look of 2:2.
I think they make better power than a 2:2 (i.e. V&H Longshots) but probably not up to par with a good 2:1 pipe either. Of course, not all 2:1 pipes are created equal either though.
I think Stroker has had good things to say about the performance of the Big Shots Staggered pipes. And the sound of those is awesome.

strokerjlk

QuoteI think Stroker has had good things to say about the performance of the Big Shots Staggered pipes. And the sound of those is awesome.
They make good/decent peak numbers . They work best with stock or short cams.
One of  Best sounding exhaust out there IMO.
Just did a set of long shots on a new 103 Stage 1 softtail . It did as well as a boss cat 2-1 for peak numbers 
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory