May 08, 2024, 09:28:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Do I have the right cable?

Started by pappy, April 22, 2013, 05:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I recently purchased a used 2011 Road King Classic. The former owner had it tuned with the Screaming Eagle Super Tuner Pro and passed the ViC along to me. Good deal. My question is I have the (I believe it is a J1850) cable that I used with my TTS on the 2009 street glide. Will it work? Is the data connections the same? They are both 4 Pin and look the same.

Thanks
Pappy
2011 Road King 103" SE Ventilator Andrews, 57H, V&H Power Duals, Crusher Mellows

Coyote

pappy

2011 Road King 103" SE Ventilator Andrews, 57H, V&H Power Duals, Crusher Mellows

pappy

April 24, 2013, 10:28:48 AM #3 Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:32:05 AM by pappy
Ok so I downloaded the cal from the VCI. Anyone have any ideas on why the ACR's would be disabeled? They are like that on the cal that was stored in the VCI.
Its a 2011 Road King Classic 103" and the ACR's are on the bike, I checked. When I did a search under the cal checker thing in the softwarwe two maps came up as suggestions and both calls that came up had the ACR's disabled from the start as well as ETMS. I wondering if the cal comes this way as a way of beginnig to tune but the tuner is supposed to activate them before loading the final finished cal.

Any ideas?

Pappy

Jeffd

it is possible that they just disabled them to check compression and forgot to enable them again. 

pappy

As it turns out I modified the file to enable both EITMS and the ACR but the the file would not load. It was an old file. i had to transfer ve's and everything else to a more recent equivalent version. Then load that. It is also interesting that the salesman stated the bike was tuned. I wonder why the file name belonged to the nomenclature of a roadglide when the bike is a Road King. I think the prior owner just loaded the "tuned" file of his friend who had a road glide. Unfortunately in the also describes a SEHB Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather and what looks to be an abbreviation for thunder header.Those items are not on the bike I bought. Oh well it does run strong and I did get the SESPT for free sort of so I'm sure I will be tinkering. I'm used to the TTS on the old one.
Pappy