May 09, 2024, 08:17:28 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

120r in my daily rider,tuning device,cam,mod for longevity questions

Started by Roadraceking, May 07, 2013, 06:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadraceking

I have the early version that was shipped w/compensator.1st i want it to be as reliable as i can make it,i'm not gonna weld the crank,i think it will be ok,no speed shifts,no dead stops.I would like a nice flat torque curve and i really cant imagine twisting it over about 4500 rpm.I'm thinking cam lift 600 or less w/springs to match,lifters based on what iv'e read,maybe a 55mm or so tb.I think i will pull the heads and chk deck and shoot for about .030 squish.And then there's the clutch.If my pc5 won't be sufficient for tuning i'll buy a new device.I'm in Cincinnati and i don't mind to travel 3-400 mi to get it tuned if i have to,preferable a board member here.Ideas please thanks.

saddle tramp

if your planing your red line at 4,500 where are you going to shift at ? Seems like a lot of money spent just to baby it.
With that size engine you'll have plenty of torque at most any rpm,
Seem's to me you'd have been better off just building a mild 107...

Roadraceking

I don't use the armchair to try to go fast,i have a turbo busa and a zx10r roadrace bike for that

hrdtail78

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,58020.0.html

Posted for the 600 lift that doesn't loose anything on the bottom.  I might of got more on the bottom if I would of left the exhaust rocker alone.  AV&V spring pack.  Larry does nice work on the heads for a reasonable price.  Where this cam did shine was the 20%-80% throttle pulls.

HTH
Semper Fi