May 10, 2024, 06:40:25 AM

News:

Phase 7 L.E.D. Headlight

Started by Ohio HD, May 24, 2013, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Thinking about trying an LED headlight on my SG. I was wondering if there are any users of the Truck-Lite units, what you like or don't like about them, and how are they holding up?

Thanks

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/4205/Phase-7-Headlights-Passing-Lamps

TweekmyTwin

I'm installing one this afternoon on a Screaming Chicken .. I'm kinda wondering myself. The price is right. Will post my thought later..
Kiss What ?

Ohio HD

Quote from: TweekmyTwin on May 24, 2013, 08:51:55 AM
I'm installing one this afternoon on a Screaming Chicken .. I'm kinda wondering myself. The price is right. Will post my thought later..

Thanks!

Jaycee1964

I run them on my Deluze with the Aux lights too.  VERY white light and casts far and wide.  I really like them.  To make them work on the Deluxe Aux I had to cut down the mounting stud in the light housing, other than that a very easy and clean install.  No real neg. after 2 months or so of use except the cost.. Not cheap by any stretch
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Snuff™

Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Ohio HD

Quote from: Snuff™ on May 24, 2013, 09:14:56 AM
Sprinkman posted this package last month, been thinking about them for awhile.

http://www.easternperformance.com/products.php?product=Trucklite-High-Intensity-Phase-7-Headlight-%26-Passing-Lamp-Set

That's who I've been looking at for pricing too. But I'll just get the 7" headlight.

Thanks   :up:

Ohio HD

Quote from: Jaycee1964 on May 24, 2013, 09:10:48 AM
I run them on my Deluze with the Aux lights too.  VERY white light and casts far and wide.  I really like them.  To make them work on the Deluxe Aux I had to cut down the mounting stud in the light housing, other than that a very easy and clean install.  No real neg. after 2 months or so of use except the cost.. Not cheap by any stretch

That's good to hear, I really want to have a much wider field of light.    :up:

HarleyFranco

Ohio,

I am running the phase 6, yes I know its not the phase 7, but the phase 7 is supposed to be better.  Anyway the light from the headlight is very good, nice and bright and combined with the spots really lights up the road at night. 

For what its worth I noticed the biggest difference with the spot light LEDs.  I also wired so I can use the bright and spots together and that really lights up those dark two lane roads at night.

You won't be sorry you got the phase 7, you probably wonder why you waited so long.

Frank

Ohio HD

Quote from: HarleyFranco on May 24, 2013, 12:30:21 PM
Ohio,

I am running the phase 6, yes I know its not the phase 7, but the phase 7 is supposed to be better.  Anyway the light from the headlight is very good, nice and bright and combined with the spots really lights up the road at night. 

For what its worth I noticed the biggest difference with the spot light LEDs.  I also wired so I can use the bright and spots together and that really lights up those dark two lane roads at night.

You won't be sorry you got the phase 7, you probably wonder why you waited so long.

Frank

Thanks Frank! Hearing about your experience with the #6 is fine, it also means they are holding up.   :up:

Jeffd

I have been running them on my wrangler JKU and they are night and day better then stock.  If they would work in my Roadglide I would put them in that too.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Jeffd on May 24, 2013, 12:38:17 PM
I have been running them on my wrangler JKU and they are night and day better then stock.  If they would work in my Roadglide I would put them in that too.

Thanks Jeff, I bet they are bright in pairs like that.

sprinkman

I really like mine great price at easternperformance. I also installed the Dynamic Ringz Bullet LED turn signals 1157. From Custom Dynamics pricey but give off alot of light they turn amber when signal is on.
sprinkman

Ohio HD

Quote from: sprinkman on May 24, 2013, 12:55:08 PM
I really like mine great price at easternperformance. I also installed the Dynamic Ringz Bullet LED turn signals 1157. From Custom Dynamics pricey but give off alot of light they turn amber when signal is on.

Yes, so far they have the best price I've seen.

calbyker69

I put the headlight on my RK about 3 weeks ago. Makes the spots useless now so I will have to save up for them. Got it off Ebay for $199. Can't say that I do like it just yet. Not enough nite riding to tell. Was not happy the first nite but have heard you have to lower the beam a little.

Jeffd

The cool thing is they don't blind on coming traffic even tho they are very bright.  It is super important to have them aimed properly.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Jeffd on May 24, 2013, 01:11:19 PM

The cool thing is they don't blind on coming traffic even tho they are very bright.  It is super important to have them aimed properly.

That's bright alright. I also like the idea of less drain on the charging system and battery. I'm from old school of nervous Shovel riders...    will I make it home at night....    :smiled:

Ancient

I've had the headlight and the spots (with the HD kit for SG's) on my SG for over a year now. Can't imagine not having them anymore. They are a world of difference at night. Haven't had one problem with them yet.

If you stop somewhere there are other bikes, be prepared to answer lots of questions about them. :smile:
Greg

Ohio HD

Quote from: Ancient on May 24, 2013, 02:13:46 PM
I've had the headlight and the spots (with the HD kit for SG's) on my SG for over a year now. Can't imagine not having them anymore. They are a world of difference at night. Haven't had one problem with them yet.

If you stop somewhere there are other bikes, be prepared to answer lots of questions about them. :smile:

Thank you Ancient, sounds more and more like I'll make that investment.

IronMike113

They work great at a straight line as for going around a corner or a curve alittle dark to the outer area not like a reg.halogen bulb because of the flood effect because of the beam effect.I ride to work at 3:00 am.So I well aware of this side affect.I do have them in 2 of 3 bikes was think about trying the JW speaker lite(HD style) the truck lite does work.
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

Ohio HD

Quote from: IRONMIKE103 on May 24, 2013, 03:40:29 PM
They work great at a straight line as for going around a corner or a curve alittle dark to the outer area not like a reg.halogen bulb because of the flood effect because of the beam effect.I ride to work at 3:00 am.So I well aware of this side affect.I do have them in 2 of 3 bikes was think about trying the JW speaker lite(HD style) the truck lite does work.

Hmm, that's an interesting bit of info. And i could see that its probably as you said, more of a direct beam, and not cascaded light. That could be troublesome on bad roads.

Anyone else had concerns with theirs going around corners?

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighLiner

One down side is the fact it sticks out of the headlight bezel further.  I finally went with a Headwinds bezel to get the look I was after.

emxgarcia

TruckLite works very fine. I like the uncluttered look vs the HD/JD
Also, much better price.
Don't think twice about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
'07 FLHX • SE204 • K&N 3933 • Akrapovic 2:1 • TTS • Progressive Touring Link

IronMike113

Not so bad if you wound stay with reg.halogen small lites if you have them aim them out ward or if no small lite yes have to slow down and weave back and forth so the bike comes straight up than back down Or lean so you can make the turn,Thats what I do for a get off ramp hope the po,po do not see you (DUI)? What the hell you doing he ask,I know  :hyst:  :hyst:

IronMike113

I also got mine from local truck shop 215.00,the link from Eastern perf. The small lites are not the LED style.

Nooter99

Side note: Eastern Perormance is an excellent company to do business with. Have used them many times the last several years with no complaints. And their shipping is fast...and free!
Better to die a million dollars in debt, than with a million in the bank!

IronMike113

Yes they are great peeps just wanted to point that out if you don't look you wound not know Greaaaaat place to order from!!  :doh:

onehawghead

Like the phase 7 that I installed several months ago on my dresser. Have noticed the volt meter registers slightly higher at idle and going down the road compared to the oem headlight.

TweekmyTwin

Just installed the L.E.D. truck lite and he bought it from eastern performance for $199 delivered. Easy install, looks great plus he had the larger trim ring so  :up:
Jim
Kiss What ?

Ohio HD

Looks like I'll be ordering one. What trim ring are you guys speaking of that's larger?

ultra 08

Ohio if you look on the general section I posted some pic,s of the phase 7,s on my bike you will find it listed as LED Head lites. I am very happy with the lights my borther rode my bike one night and could not believe the difference they made.
2008 105th Anniversary Edition Ultra Classic

Ancient

Visor style trim ring. P/N 69733-05. They are deeper and work well with the Truck Lite.
Greg

Hilly13

From what I can see from the beam comparison the trucklite has a better cornering beam than the jw, I went back to hid and a hella lens from the jw as it was lacking in corners.
Just because its said don't make it so

Ohio HD

Quote from: Ancient on May 25, 2013, 02:01:14 PM
Visor style trim ring. P/N 69733-05. They are deeper and work well with the Truck Lite.

Thanks Ancient

ultra 08

Ohio HD another thing that is nice about the Truck Lite LED is when you turn on the high beam it does not drop out the low beam like most other head lights do.
2008 105th Anniversary Edition Ultra Classic

crazy joe

You guys are talking about lack of light in corners....
do you have passing lamps or single lights?

Hilly13

Just because its said don't make it so

sprinkman

Quote from: ultra 08 on May 25, 2013, 05:36:05 PM
Ohio HD another thing that is nice about the Truck Lite LED is when you turn on the high beam it does not drop out the low beam like most other head lights do.
I think you have to buy a new wiring harness to do that. That is what I did now only way to shut them off is accessory switch.
sprinkman

wingie

Put a headlight on my wifes 05 Deluxe last year. She loves it. Harley rim to keep light from hanging out too far. Had to cut notches in it with dremmel.
Thinking called a visor headlight rim. We wrote in manual how we put it on. A stranger would wonder how it worked. Wingie

Boulder bean

I have the phase 6, headlight and passing lamps. I really like them. One benefit is they make reflective material jump out, signs, lines, guard rails etc.

TA63

I run the phase 7 in my 03 fat boy.  It blows the stock headlight away in every regard..  I enjoy riding at night, and this light makes me feel much more comfortable doing so. 

koko3052

Brian, just to let you know that the JW Speakers cast a very bright light from fence post left to fence post right on your interstate hiways.....but expensive! :koolaid:
Nothing else to buy for my '05 Fatboy...fit perfect! :scoot:

crazy joe

May 29, 2013, 05:53:36 AM #41 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:56:01 AM by crazy joe
Can someone post the TruckLite  part numbers for the 7''headlight and the 4'' passing lamps.
I want to replace the lights on 03 EG with LED lights, can get them though work
but need part numbers.
Thanks in advance.

onehawghead

Headlight # 27270C, spotlight # 80275.

crazy joe