May 09, 2024, 09:42:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS question

Started by Blackbaggr, February 15, 2009, 04:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbaggr

I've completed two data collection runs. If I'm reading right...I
(a)started with a TTS "canned" calibration.
(b) I did the first run, merged the two files and ended up with a new map we'll call map 2.
(c)Then I took that map (2) and did another run and merged the results with (2).

If I have this right... it appears the VE numbers have decreased, on both maps from the original....is that what I'm looking for ???

TIA !

glens

Evidently.

Maybe your fuel pressure's a little high, injectors a little worn, air filter a bit dirty, or something like maybe the map wasn't entirely pertinent to your setup, etc.  I'd not be too concerned about it if the values you're talking about aren't very great.  I realize that the primary expectation would be to see larger VE values if you'd freed up the breathing, but the main thing is to have the ECU provide the best amount of fuel under the conditions you have.  One of the bad things about EFI is that there are multiple sensors/systems working together, and if one or more of them are a little out of spec the results can be less than right.  What you're doing with the vtune is getting all your parts sync'd.  If you're spraying more fuel than the ECU thinks you are, it'll see there's too much at the tail end and reduce it appropriately, by reducing the VE values, since there's "obviously less air coming in than I need for this much time with my ten-gallon-a-day injectors" (which are maybe working at 10-1/2 per day 'cause the 45_lb fuel regulator isn't bleeding off until 47_lb).  It's okay.  The end result will (should) be right.

Another factor to consider is the fuel formulation you're using.  'Round these parts they make it vaporize easier or something during the winter (to prioritize starting over running?), which knocks performance/mileage down a peg or two.  Could be an influence if you're also so affected.

I guess, too, there's always a chance the thing's in a death spiral, auto"tune"-wise, which can happen under the "right" circumstances.  Or so I've heard...

How's it seem to be running compared to the base calibration you loaded?

Blackbaggr

February 17, 2009, 06:24:13 AM #2 Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:42:02 AM by dsanchez
It seems to run well. I originally started my vtuning with my CLBs set at 720. I had a problem with my laptop battery and printer so I was unable to print one of the two parts in my vtuning guide that I was supposed to. My plan now is to clean my air filter and begin the tuning process again. Yesterday I recreated another "base" map with the CLBs set at 739. We'll see how that goes.
I'm also wondering if there is value in doing the data runs for longer than 30 mins. I'd guess that there would be.
For the record, the bike runs great. I added the TTS to my bike when it had the V&H Ovals on the stock headers, loaded the pz176 map, and rode...nice results. I then added a Supertrapp 2-1 and an Andrews 26h with the same map...GREAT results. The tuning is a slow process. We've had alot of crappy weather here...slop on the roads, cold & windy days. It will get better soon..............I HOPE ! :wink:

I had also considered maybe holding off on my tuning and running a tank of gas with Seafoam before I get started again...

Scramjet

Dsanchez,

This doesn't address your original question but...

For your VE table printout, there is an application called "Cute PDF Writer" available for download from Adobe.  With Cute PDF Writer on your computer you can "print to PDF" instead of printing to a printer.  It creates a PDF file of your VE new before download into the ECM.

That way you can compare VE tables without your printer.

Keep us informed.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

Blackbaggr

Blackbaggr

One other thing...

I downloaded the CUTE PDF program...that will help alot in the future. I'm planning on re-doing my data runs. BUT for now, is there any way to view the VE tables with the white, pink, and dark pink cells (after the fact) ? Ya know the ones I was supposed to print ?

This is some fun stuff !

Steve Cole

Just reload the same base file and the same datamaster data collection in V-tune over again and it will display all the same data. Then you print it out and just hit the cancel button once you have made your printout.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Blackbaggr

sportygordy

Hello Steve,

Just curious if you have any plans to expand MasterTune to work with wide band 5-wire O2's?

Steve Cole

Right now we are just trying to get everything caught up with the things in process now. It is something we have talked about but that's as far as it is at this time.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.