April 19, 2024, 01:57:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

124" build...I'll let the cat out of the bag

Started by No Cents, July 07, 2013, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kd

Quote from: No Cents on November 10, 2020, 11:52:21 AM
  Robin I don't think I can get a car tire to fit with that 08 swingarm and rear fender. I run a 160/60-18 on the rear. That's about all the wider I can go without changing the fender and swingarm out.  Hell I first thought you was talking about the darkside being a M8. 
  The old Duracell likes to spin the rear tire too much.    :smilep:   If I'm easy on it...and if I ride like I got some sense I can get a whole season out of a rear tire...but that seems to be my problem...I got no cents.   :hyst:

Well you better get some cents.  Stop buying those cheap tires.  :hyst:
KD

No Cents

kd...I'm pretty limited on tire brands to choose from with the size I run. Not too many out there make a 160/60-18 tire. The Metzelers were junk and the Pirelli Angel GT has been the best for me so far from what I've found. It's a nice tire if I can stop from spinning it all the time...but what fun would that be.  :hyst:

itsafatboy...thanks for sharing Reggie's R&R camplate. I know they are nice but I don't have one complaint with the Dan Thayer camplate and his 3 stage oil pump that I run.

[attach=0]
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

kd

KD

Hossamania

Did you check runout to make sure you can run gear drive? They're sensitive, you know...        More  :potstir:
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

No Cents

Hoss...the last time I was in there and checked it was still at .0005". I called that close enough for me and I buttoned it back up. But...it's been a few years since I've had it apart. Who knows what it reads now.  :hyst: 

1workinman

Come in the house and got a beer .  So I though I see what is posted and saw a post that might be interesting .  I thought may be Ray decided to go to M8 . Na just roasted tires lol Well at least you can . It is a nice build to say the least

MBrown

Very nice build that's holding up well! I always enjoy reading this thread. Maybe someone will post a link to a good tire sale, Lol.
Thanks for sharing!!

Bagger

Do you ever find yourself thinking about getting an M8 and maxing an M8 engine out?

No Cents

no M8 for me for seen in the near future...but maybe someday.  :nix:
Right now I'm super happy with this twin cam. All the bugs are worked out of it and the upgrades that I've done to it have been performing flawlessly. I haven't been in the engine since this last dyno.

[attach=0]

It's nice to be able to hit the starter button and go without worrying about anything. The past few years I've just been doing routine maintenance to it...oil changes, brakes, etc. I did put a Darkhorse Man O War 32 tooth comp in it this year...but it didn't need a new comp. I just wanted to try the Darkhorse unit.

biggzed

Ray - You can get a rear fender from Native Custom Baggers to fit a 180 on your 08. No swingarm change/mod needed. Just bolt it on. I ran one on my 07 with a 180/55/18 with stock belt/swingarm. The fender Native sells for this is heavy steel. Really nice piece. You can get several options with it as well.

Zach

itsafatboy

wow didn't see this was from 2103 ,  thats why i mentioned the camplate , but yours looks awsome love the cover

Eglider05

Quote from: biggzed on November 12, 2020, 12:50:02 PM
Ray - You can get a rear fender from Native Custom Baggers to fit a 180 on your 08. No swingarm change/mod needed. Just bolt it on. I ran one on my 07 with a 180/55/18 with stock belt/swingarm. The fender Native sells for this is heavy steel. Really nice piece. You can get several options with it as well.

Zach

Yep, I've been running an NCB fender on my 05 w/180 for many years.

Rick

Deye76

"Right now I'm super happy with this twin cam."
:up: Your TC is making as good a power output as a lot of M8's. I also enjoy reading this thread, keep it going.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

No Cents

Quote from: Deye76 on November 13, 2020, 05:13:44 AM
"Right now I'm super happy with this twin cam."
:up: Your TC is making as good a power output as a lot of M8's. I also enjoy reading this thread, keep it going.

thanks   :up:  It's a fun bike to ride. I know I smile every time I ride it.
a new skin is on.   :smile:
[attach=0]

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

No Cents

I hope the tire makes it to at least mid next summer.  :wink:  It's a sticky tire when new so it wants to hook up and lift the front tire all the time...but over time it finally goes to spinning and not lifting the front end all the time.
    While waiting on the tire to come in it gave me time to give my chain a good inspection and cleaning. I would normally give the chain a quick wipe off with a rag and then lube it down good every time the bike went up on the lift for an oil change...but I never actually cleaned it good with kerosene. I actually bought one of those Grunge brushes for the first time to clean the chain. I put it to go use once I sprayed the chain down good with the kerosene. I cleaned a small section of chain at a time. I can't believe how much dirt and crud I got out of the chain. Once it was clean I wiped it off with a clean rag to dry it off and then I hit it with the air compressor just for good measure. After I got the back wheel back on and the chain adjusted I lubed it down good. The chain looks 100 times better than it did.

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.