May 12, 2024, 01:49:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

124" build...I'll let the cat out of the bag

Started by No Cents, July 07, 2013, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guydoc77

Quote from: No Cents on January 14, 2016, 02:27:49 PM

This weekend I'm going to be putting in the Race Tech 1.0kg springs with their gold emulators using the yellow springs in the legs.

[attach=0]

Ray

:up:

planemech

Quote from: No Cents on January 14, 2016, 02:27:49 PM
  Eric...no new news...I'm still waiting on the heads.
My goal this winter was to address the suspension and so far I have added a set of custom valving Super Shox's to the rear while I have it up on the lift. This weekend I'm going to be putting in the Race Tech 1.0kg springs with their gold emulators using the yellow springs in the legs.
I hope to see the heads soon...Fred has had them for almost two months now.

Jaycee...I don't think there was a two day span this past summer or fall that the bike wasn't ridden. The only time it sat was if it was raining. I enjoy riding and I try to ride every day possible. No moss grows under my bike.

[attach=0]

Ray

I went this route on my ultra and it would bottom out, changed it with the Traxxion Dynamics kit which uses the Racetech gold valve but their 1.3 spring and proprietary orifice tube mod. They set everything to your weight and riding style down to what weight oil to use. Huge difference. See were also paired with Bitubo coil over reservoir shocks for the rear. Smooth ride and sport bike like handling. The Bitubos are really nice too.

FSG

Ray  what is the scoop on that sprocket, is it using a carrier so that the tooth count can be easily and cheaply changed and who makes them?

No Cents

Gary...that would be my guess...but I'm not sure about the rear sprocket to be honest.
That picture I posted I was trying to show the Zipper's chain adjusters.
  Their complete chain conversion kit comes with a tranny sprocket, rear sprocket, chain, and the axle adjusters with a different axle that fits inside the adjuster sliders...or they offer just the adjuster kit. Which is the adjuster sliders and an axle only.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

1FSTRK

What did you end up with for axle and adjusters?
I remember reading posts and seeing pics from you, did you get it finished?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

No Cents

January 15, 2016, 03:52:40 AM #4305 Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:00:25 AM by No Cents
   Eric...I bought the Nord-Locks to try first. I won't know if they work or not until I get to ride the bike.
With winter being here now...it will probably be spring time before I know if they work.
If the Nord-Locks don't work...I will either try the Zipper's adjusters and axle, or maybe say the hell with it and spend the big bucks on a Trac Dynamics swing arm.

[attach=0]

Ray

Bsmith153

This thread is great. I get so much heat from the wife and some friends that my bikes always apart, but its only for maybe over night and im riding the next day, I dont sleep much. Im glad to see im not the only one. My goal is to get a 10 second patch this year too with my 04 bagger and new 124, so things have to be perfect. I will take it apart every night if I have to to frach the goal. Unfortunately I think money might hold me back with suspension and clutches being so expensive but Im going to give it all I can and keep trying. As far as your swing arm issues, I had a local machine shop cut the stock swing arm ends off and set it up for the old style adjusters, Wasnt too expensive. I never liked the cam style set up, plus i had mine extended 2"s. Just a thought. Keep posting man.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

Nowhereman

The Race Tech stuff is gong in to my boingers also this year.
Other than that, I enjoy reading this technical soap opera. :hyst:
- From Nowhere in particular

Jonny Cash

Quote from: No Cents on January 15, 2016, 03:52:40 AM
   Eric...I bought the Nord-Locks to try first. I won't know if they work or not until I get to ride the bike.
With winter being here now...it will probably be spring time before I know if they work.
If the Nord-Locks don't work...I will either try the Zipper's adjusters and axle, or maybe say the hell with it and spend the big bucks on a Trac Dynamics swing arm.

[attach=0]

Ray

The Trac-Dynamics is sweeeet!
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

groundhog143

January 19, 2016, 08:09:44 AM #4309 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:33:13 AM by groundhog143
Bull :turd::where the hell are those Harley Davidson hypo heads :potstir:

groundhog143

January 19, 2016, 09:02:12 AM #4310 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:07:40 AM by groundhog143
Quote from: No Cents on November 18, 2015, 05:40:37 PM
somehow the bike made it up on the lift after work today.  :slap:
It's time for some changes.

[attach=0]

Ray
.   :pop:

No Cents

I don't know.  :nix:
I'm at the mercy of Fred.
I don't want to bother him with a bunch of questions and possibly piss him off.
Patience is key for me I guess...but Iam excited to get this thing bolted back together and tuned.

Ray

1FSTRK

I would not call him either. You can not ride it until spring anyway, what if for every day he has them you get 1 more HP.
Anybody can go to a web site and get what everybody else has, all it takes is a credit card.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

No Cents

exactly my thoughts Eric.
I'm best off to leave Fred alone and let him work his magic.
I think he might be doing some more great work for me on the heads. This all started with him just wanting to check them over and give them a little freshening up,
So he thought I should run the S&S 635HO's and he would set them up for that cam. When we spoke a few weeks back and he told me he was having the valves coated...that surprised me. I had no clue he was even doing that.
  I think Fred is going to great lengths to give me back a set of heads that will showcase his talents.

Ray

No Cents

I left Fred alone and kept my patience. He called me last night out of the blue and said my heads will be done in the next day or so.  :baby:
  He said he took my heads to the next level...and I can't wait to see them now. With the bigger intake valves he installed this time he had to do some more welding in the exhaust ports to keep the velocity up to keep up with the added flow he was getting out of the intakes.     
  He said my exhaust flow picked up 15% over where it was. He gave me a prediction of where he thinks it will land...and if it even gets close to what he thinks it will do...I will be extremely happy.

Ray

98fxstc

Quote from: No Cents on January 25, 2016, 03:42:30 AM
  I left Fred alone and kept my patience. He called me last night out of the blue and said my heads will be done in the next day or so.  :baby:
  He said he took my heads to the next level...and I can't wait to see them now. With the bigger intake valves he installed this time he had to do some more welding in the exhaust ports to keep the velocity up to keep up with the added flow he was getting out of the intakes.     
  He said my exhaust flow picked up 15% over where it was. He gave me a prediction of where he thinks it will land...and if it even gets close to what he thinks it will do...I will be extremely happy.

Ray
:up:

N-gin

I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

No Cents

I don't know the exact #'s.
Fred said last month he would send me flow sheets back with the heads this time...but that remains to be seen.
I know many head porters don't like to send flow sheets...they like to keep secrets.

Ray

cherryseeg2

:up: :up: Glad to hear he's getting yours finished. He's supposed to be really close on mine.
2005 Cherry SEEG2-J&B Performance 120 163hp/144tq

No Cents

Quote from: cherryseeg2 on January 25, 2016, 06:37:56 AM
:up: :up: Glad to hear he's getting yours finished. He's supposed to be really close on mine.
Brandon...your pm box was full yesterday when I tried to send you a pm.

Ray

John/1

Good to hear Ray can't wait to see the results!!
John

groundhog143

Great news Ray can't wait to be there when we fire up the Duracell again.. :koolaid3:

cherryseeg2

Quote from: No Cents on January 25, 2016, 06:48:15 AM
Quote from: cherryseeg2 on January 25, 2016, 06:37:56 AM
Brandon...your pm box was full yesterday when I tried to send you a pm.

Ray
Good now. Didn't realize my subscription ran out.
2005 Cherry SEEG2-J&B Performance 120 163hp/144tq

gabbyduffy

What did you decide to do with the swing arm?
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.