March 28, 2024, 01:48:44 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1125R Rims

Started by Jamo11, October 21, 2013, 06:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamo11

I'm not extremely knowledgeable on the subject of rims. I know that the lighter, the better and that rims can get very expensive. Are the stock Buell 1125R rims relatively light, or can they be replaced with something much lighter?

I think they are 120/17 front and 180/17 rear. Is that right? 

If I want to put on a pair of rims that I can paint or powder coat. I want to keep the stock rims unpainted, if possible. Like, maybe Navy Blue rims with white pin stripe to go with the Red 1125R? What could I look for? Where could I get used rims inexpensive?

Any help appreciated. 
The longest line has the most people in it.

blacknightrain

You are correct on the size.

There are some used rims on ebay, but they are kinda spend, (around 300 a piece)

Did you get yourself an 1125?

Try this site Badweatherbikers.com  lots of great info on the Buells

Jamo11

Oh yes, I got myself a 1125R. I am totally thrilled with it. It's like new at 1400 miles and I paid a fair price, although Harley dealers are typically asking $1K more.

Maybe I'll paint the rims that came with it. It's red, so I was thinking white with a blue pin stripe. Or blue with a white pin stripe.

I can't affort $1000 for a second set of rims though.

BTW, do slip-on exhausts from other Buell models slip-on to the 1125R?

88b

99% sure the exhausts don't fit! there are different exhausts for XBOX models and different sizes for different years. From previous experience with Rotax motors they are quite highly strung from stock, if you just want a little louder exhaust the XBOX mufflers are easy to modify so I'd expect the 1125 ones are too.

Jamo11

Quote from: 88b on October 29, 2013, 08:44:01 AM
99% sure the exhausts don't fit! there are different exhausts for XBOX models and different sizes for different years. From previous experience with Rotax motors they are quite highly strung from stock, if you just want a little louder exhaust the XBOX mufflers are easy to modify so I'd expect the 1125 ones are too.

There's a fellow in GA who modifies the stock exhaust. Randy Hawkins calls it the "Hawk." He removes the final box of baffles from the stocker and does whatever else. He claims it's louder without being so loud as any of the commercial products. It saves some weight, too and costs a lot less. THat's what I'm going with.

I might even try DObeck Engineering again for their newest fuel management system. THey have one for the 1125R for less than $250.