March 28, 2024, 10:19:56 PM

News:

*#*¥in headlamp bulb

Started by 88b, November 01, 2013, 12:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88b

Met up with two friends last night and rode to the Ace Cafe , so about 15 miles from home I'm thinking the road looks extra dark but there's lots of traffic, low beams gone  :angry: so I rode the last 25 miles there on main beam and home. Changed the bulb this morning, not something I'd want to try in the dark on the side of the road. Cafe was pretty empty last night mainly Polish in there, we were going to ride into Central London after but the rain started so straight home.

garyajaz

handy to have two,,,lol
i get my bulbs at auto parts store for 1/3 harley price

do you know the trick of putting the switch between positions and having both lights on at same time?

88b

My bulbs come FOC ( thanks Ford Motor Co ) , I wouldn't try and hold the switch mid position , it's easy to wire it so both bulbs are on on main beam. Some claim it can damage the reflector due to excess heat but I doubt it.

Coff 06

I had to change mine on my softail on the middle of the night,went out while crossing a bridge.
Luckily I was not alone and had an extra bulb.One of my beams went out,so I picked up a new bulb and a couple of screwdrivers at the last town we went through.Never expected it to go all the way out.Planed on changing it when I got home.Glad you had one beam to get home on.
          Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118