April 27, 2024, 09:04:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Bagger and Vance/Hines big radius

Started by gobblerhuntr, November 03, 2008, 08:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerhuntr

Got a bud wanting to install some VH big radius pipes on his street glide. Anybody done this and how do you likey??

FLTRI

Does he realize this exhaust system will be for looks and maybe sound only?
These systems are not the cat's meow for performance, and will put the excessive racket/noise right in the rider's and passenger's ears. :o
There are much better bagger systems out there, unless it is the look and noise level he is wanting.
JMHO, Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

~JC~

I have big radius on my softail. Not sure how good they would look on a bagger, but obviously that is a personal choice. They look great on a softail, I get alot of compliments on them. They are very loud. IU have a Ropad King for touring. I would not want them on the RK. 8-10 hours of those pipes would be a bit much. But they are great as a bar hopper, and in parades!  ;) ~JC~
If I had to understand, You wouldn't explain.

RKC03

November 07, 2008, 07:23:20 AM #3 Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 07:30:27 AM by RKC03
I agree with FLTRI, pipes look good but are loud. I agree also that there is probably better performance pipes as Big Radius are probably lacking on backpressure.....all depends if a person wants looks by giving up performance a little..... and if you don't mind maybe pissing-off a few people when passing them... you can hear the pipes sound bouncing off their cars/trucks....IMO.... ;)
cage drivers>:( >:(

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
RKC03