Spread sheet to help with SF110 / SF120 calculations

Started by Admiral Akbar, January 06, 2014, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Akbar

Here is a spread sheet that I use for testing heads on the SF110 I have... Most of the data entry is pretty simple.. Typically you only need to fill in the colored background locations.. The spreadsheet does the rest..  One note is that measurement 7 is set to the same valve lift as 6 and the data duplicated mainly to keep the graph looking clean.. It can be set to 0.65 or 0.7 if you desire to see what the flow is at that lift.. It will show up on the plot also..

Test pressure for each valve lift can be changed to what is read off the manometer. That way of the tester can't pull the required pressure, the calculations will account for the lower pressure number.

Here is a pic of the top..

[attach=0]

Graph

[attachimg=3]

Max

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

q1svt

Thanks Max nice work... added it into my inventory.
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

FSG

laserp

Hi Max,
Great stuff! I have limited knowledge on the subject and no practical experience, so excuse any dumb questions.
I assume the velocity values are calculated, vs measured? What are the units?
Thanks,
Dick
02 117 Softail/10 Ulta Limited

Admiral Akbar

January 07, 2014, 04:19:42 PM #4 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:25:37 PM by Max Headflow
Quote from: laserp on January 07, 2014, 11:07:15 AM
Hi Max,
Great stuff! I have limited knowledge on the subject and no practical experience, so excuse any dumb questions.
I assume the velocity values are calculated, vs measured? What are the units?
Thanks,
Dick

:embarrassed:

Feet per second..

Max

Add.. The numbers are calculated from the flow numbers and the area of each location so it's an average flow..

Max

laserp

Just realized there is an attached spreadsheet :doh: damn iPhone. I see the formulas now.
Thanks.  :up:
02 117 Softail/10 Ulta Limited