May 09, 2024, 03:12:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Looking for base TTS map for 96 with 48H cam

Started by a2wheeler, January 20, 2014, 05:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a2wheeler

2010 Ultra Classic, Fuel Moto Pro air cleaner, Fuel Moto jackpot header 2-1-2, SuperTrapp megaphone slipons.
I currently have the a/c and slipons, and have a dyno tuned TTS map for the stage 1 build. So what map should I start with for the Stage 2 build? Should just use the current map I have and begin vtunes from there? Should I make some changes to the current map and start there? Or should I start with some other map available from TTS or someone with similar build?

I am leaving the top end alone. I'm installing adjustable Smith Bros. pushrods, and also Gaterman 1023 lifters.
The cam and the cat'less header pipe are the major change.

a2wheeler

After some reading, I'm more confused on how to approach this. My guess is just use the same map that is dyno tuned for my stage 1 build. the header pipes and cams are definitely going to change the VE table requirements, which should just be some vtune runs to get it into a better shape than currently. But the cam? I see in the TTS manual, that camtune is available. I can use the estimator and that shows I change from current settings of 4 and 3 to 4 and 2. But to dial it in better, I can run the bike at idle and set the IVO setting after data capture and analysis. But the IVC requires running on a dyno. But then there are only 3 possible settings for the IVC camtune.

So maybe after I get the bike running, I'll do the data capture for the IVO and just use 2 for the IVC setting and go vtune.
Has anyone used the camtune feature? It appears that the tuner did not change this, as the setting for this map (stock cam) is 4 and 3. The 3 settings for IVC does not come into play (using the estimater) until IVC is at  34 ABDC. Stock cam is 30 and 48H is 29 (both should be set to 2).

hdmanillac

TTS EUJ009 should be ok for you. Just decrease Engine Displacement from 110ci to 96,7ci.

I did the same in my 2009 FLHR 96ci + A48H tuned with PV and a 2013 CVO RK 044 base cal.

Great result.

:up:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

a2wheeler

Thanks , that is the CVO 110 Stage 1 map, correct. I'll give it a whirl.

jcav

Quote from: a2wheeler on January 21, 2014, 01:25:32 PM
Thanks , that is the CVO 110 Stage 1 map, correct. I'll give it a whirl.

That sounds like way to much for your bike. Try the map your running now bring the engine up to temp and do a cam tune, adjust your map and see how it works.

wolf_59

PoorUB

Here you go, this one should be close, except for mufflers. It was a map that I saved out of my 2010 Ultra, SE AC, Jackpot head pipes with stock muffs, Andrews 48's, stock top end. Ugly Dougly tuned it.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

a2wheeler

Thanks PoorUB, I will take a close look at that setup.
Wolf_59 - thanks, I have read through that one before. I was discounting it because it was afr vs lamba. But after starting from the beginning again - not done yet - I see several things that should apply for both. I see Mayor started with a CVO 110 map . What I don't understand is what is unique about the bigger build map, after you change the CI and the VE tables. What else makes it a big motor build that is helping? I understand the increasing of the CI if the VE's start to reach max. So I guess the intent is to start bigger than 96.7ci and maybe 110 ci is a good place to start with this cam. I think Mayor started with setting the CI down to 98 or so in the beginning.

hdmanillac

January 21, 2014, 09:57:53 PM #8 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:22:30 AM by hdmanillac
Have a look to the following cals.

1) 2013 FLHR CVO 044:

VE need to be checked with a last ATP110 session, but the bike already runs great. This cal should be close to what your bike needs.

This base cal was suggested to me by GMR-Performance. Thanks to him.

2) ATP25 (OEM stock 218):

I also got my 218 OEM cal in which IVO & IVC have been set by Joe_lyons. It runs pretty well. VE are tuned with ATP110 kit.

Part of the story is there http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,54502.msg750328.html#msg750328

My RK use lamda cal, V&H VO2 A/C, HD Headpipes w/o cat, B&E Superflow Mufflers.

a2wheeler

Fired it up! Used PoorUB's map. runs good at least sitting still. Maybe another week before I get it on the road. The snow is still melting.

hdmanillac

February 15, 2014, 10:57:09 PM #10 Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:01:04 PM by hdmanillac
Here are some comments about PoorUB map:

- AFR seems to be very rich
- Closed Loop is reduced
- PE Mode is off
- VE seems to be low, compare to what I get on my bike

You should check MPG at first opportunity

Attached is my last cal. A 044 cal for 2013 RK CVO modified for 2009 RK with A48H. Not for use, just to compare.

PoorUB

Quote from: hdmanillac on February 15, 2014, 10:57:09 PM
Here are some comments about PoorUB map:

- AFR seems to be very rich
- Closed Loop is reduced
- PE Mode is off
- VE seems to be low, compare to what I get on my bike

You should check MPG at first opportunity

Attached is my last cal. A 044 cal for 2013 RK CVO modified for 2009 RK with A48H. Not for use, just to compare.

We were looking at that map last night and noticed the PE mode was off. As for MPG I got close to stock, maybe 1-2 MPG less than before the tune. Other than that, the bike ran great. I ran the bike 12,000 miles on that map with no issues.

No claims that the map will be perfect for the OP, just a close starting point.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

a2wheeler

I did notice the closed loop was reduced and the PE is off. I plan to have someone tune the bike on a dyno. I just needed something that would allow me to drive the bike. You provided PowerVison maps. I can't read those. Can I download PV software to read what you have set.

a2wheeler

I did get the PV software downloaded. Reviewing map now. Thanks.

hdmanillac