May 08, 2024, 11:50:38 PM

News:

Exhaust lobes and the magic cams

Started by 1FSTRK, February 25, 2014, 05:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD/Wrench

I offered the DD mega zilla I have here for testing.. IT was built for the big EX port RR engine  , we pulled 168 hp on the old 131 build with it.. ( RC cycle tuned that )   I still feel that the Rush wrath with 3 inch collector and then test some baffles would be a nice route.  Still it made great power for the pipe that he has. :up:

strokerjlk

Big zilla might be better ,maybe bob will show the sheet for the 131 ? . Rush won't pull any further than what he has . Ray buildt a good pipe . It just don't pull past 6200.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

HD/Wrench

Have you tested the 3 inch collector pipe ??

strokerjlk

No Cents

so...what pipe will pull out past 6200 rpm's then?
I pm'd Steve my address months ago when he offered me that Mega Zilla to try...and it never came.
I debated on getting a 3.0" Rush Wrath to try and Jim you told me I wouldn't see any gains with it. So I didn't buy it.
  So...maybe someone can tell me what exhaust should I be looking for if I want to pull to lets say 6800 rpm's...because I sure don't know of any off hand myself.

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

strokerjlk

Quote from: No Cents on December 20, 2015, 11:53:28 AM
  so...what pipe will pull out past 6200 rpm's then?
I pm'd Steve my address months ago when he offered me that Mega Zilla to try...and it never came.
I debated on getting a 3.0" Rush Wrath to try and Jim you told me I wouldn't see any gains with it. So I didn't buy it.
  So...maybe someone can tell me what exhaust should I be looking for if I want to pull to lets say 6800 rpm's...because I sure don't know of any off hand myself.

Ray
you are gonna have to make one .

mine does . but you wont like the tq.

strokerjlk

HD/Wrench

Not sure on the pm but the offers Stil stands. My testing of a 130 with 3.0 did pull in fact to 7200 where we shut it down.  Frank has some data showing it pulling further as well.. Maybe he will chime in . But each package is different  :nix: