May 09, 2024, 08:17:12 AM

News:

The low rider coming back for 2014.5?

Started by greenshovel0014, March 05, 2014, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boooby1744

I thought  the new models would be a stripped down FLH or Softail Standaard................so much for my 3 marketing courses in college.......

kristian

Quote from: calif phil on March 06, 2014, 05:36:06 PM
Quote from: kristian on March 06, 2014, 01:57:44 PM
Quote from: 06roadglide on March 06, 2014, 11:48:28 AM
Glad to see the LR back, it's a great model.  Really like the dual gauge console and especially the 2 position seat, that was a good idea.
:agree:  and an evo engine!!! theres a skooter for yahhh!!!  :up:

If it had an EVO motor I would place my order for one tomorrow.

:up:  thats where i was going with my comment.  the last real lowrider had an evo!!  :chop:
Kris

daniel.sm

I personally like the looks....for me it's better than when they remodelled the dyna frame in 06... obviously there's no comparison between the EVO bikes and these ones.... (Evo rlz!!)

Some classic LR features that were missing are back such as the eyebrow....

My only question was the reason to drop the Super Glide Custom in favor of the Low Rider.... HD could have kept both being the super glide a more canvas (beginner's bike) to the BT line as it always was....

ken6217

Quote from: calif phil on March 06, 2014, 05:36:06 PM
Quote from: kristian on March 06, 2014, 01:57:44 PM
Quote from: 06roadglide on March 06, 2014, 11:48:28 AM
Glad to see the LR back, it's a great model.  Really like the dual gauge console and especially the 2 position seat, that was a good idea.
:agree:  and an evo engine!!! theres a skooter for yahhh!!!  :up:

If it had an EVO motor I would place my order for one tomorrow.

And an FXR frame.

greenshovel0014

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/low-rider.html# I want one! retail for 3 grand less than my 07 plus I have all the goodies for my 07 not installed yet!

tomcat64

Iron horse

March 07, 2014, 02:50:48 PM #31 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:07:57 PM by Iron horse
Quote from: mp on March 06, 2014, 03:10:23 PM
Frankly, it's the same old Low Rider, with pretty much the same old features.  Don't get me wrong, I like the Low Rider having a tachometer standard, but that, and the wrinkle black dash, are nothing new.  Did they go back to the hinged seat like my old '92 Low Rider has?  Seems like they should have just kept the Low Rider going, instead of dropping it for a few years and acting as if a mid-year reintroduction is a big deal.
The Super Low T is just a Sportster with bags and a windshield, which you could add on your own for a lot less money.  If you're going to go for a special mid-year intro, I'd think you'd want more distinctive models to showcase.

I'm with you when you say same old low rider. After two years of not being on the dealers show floors. You would think they could have maybe brought it back with front forks 2" longer or a 180 rear tire ,or make the whole bike 3" to 4 " longer or even come up with a new set of gear ratios for the tranny.or picture it as a 2014.5 Springer low rider.

ScottFree

Hmm... 2-into-1 exhaust, just like the one everybody took off their Shovelhead Low Riders...

But is it truly "authentic 70s style" without the ham can air cleaner?

Reddog74usa

I like it a lot. What a way to bring back the Low Rider with the most popular paint schemes from 1979. If you go on the H-D site they have a silver n black and also a copper n black. The bike looks slick and I'm sure they run pretty good with the 103 in it. I really like how they kept them air cooled.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

apendejo

Looks like my old 1993 FXDL , except with a crappy 2-1 CARB exhaust and a little bit bigger front fork tubes.

hattitude

Quote from: ScottFree on March 07, 2014, 04:01:22 PM
Hmm... 2-into-1 exhaust, just like the one everybody took off their Shovelhead Low Riders...

But is it truly "authentic 70s style" without the ham can air cleaner?

You're killing me....!!! That looks exactly like my 1980 FXS when I picked it up from the dealer. Damn I would love to have that bike back!!!

Kansas

I've owned Super Glides, Low Riders, a Street Bob, and now a Switchback and they are all birds of a feather.  Liked every one.  A big Twin that handles and isn't ponderous.  What's not to like?

joe_lyons

I'm not digging the adjustable handlebar riser setup on them even though it is useful.  Ive got ideas for the exhaust since its it different than the fld one.  The seat is a cool idea and I now want the extended mid controls for my bike.   I would have hoped for the regular FXD to come back but mabie next year.  I still like the fatbob better even with the funky tail light.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

hd06

Ohio HD

Quote from: hd06 on March 08, 2014, 06:32:08 PM
Is that a kick start I see  :up:

yep, with the genuine fold when ya least expect it kicker arm....     those sure sucked....   :dgust:

barny7655

gee mum has to have strong thighs etc to hold on, that seat looks like a slippery slide on the rear lol
riding since 62, BSA bantum the first bike