May 08, 2024, 11:03:45 PM

News:

Power Vision?? question

Started by WideWildGlide, March 08, 2014, 07:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WideWildGlide

1.) would you Rank it with SERT or TTS standards?

2.)with the added auto tune function im assuming its less of a headache then using a WEGOIIID and SERT Road tuning purposes?

3.) For Dyno operators out there is it a hard system for yall to use/work with compared to SERT/TTS assuming the dyno guy has a open mind about it and dose have same tables you would find on SERT or dose have more tables that TTS offers                                   

Just a few question i have  about the systems Thanks in Advance 

strokerjlk

Because it is able to incorporate wide bands within the tuning software it has left the other flash tuners behind , when it comes to street tuning .
On the dyno you can use the auto tune wide bands, Or a wego with wide bands .
There is one extra step to flashing the map with PV . But that will change soon , and PV will be able to flash through, without saving the  map inside the monitor first . This will speed up the dyno time . Dosent mean much to a street tuning guy though .
Yes there  are more tables than sepst or tts within the software .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

aswracing

Quote from: WideWildGlide on March 08, 2014, 07:54:53 PM
1.) would you Rank it with SERT or TTS standards?

Easier to use and at least as powerful.

2.)with the added auto tune function im assuming its less of a headache then using a WEGOIIID and SERT Road tuning purposes?

It's incredibly easy. You're talking about a few taps of a touchscreen to do the whole process.
You enter autotune mode.
It asks you to select a map from one of it's six slots on which to base the session.
You select the map. It loads it, makes the needed temporary mods for autotune (such as forcing closed loop mode & backing out timing if you're using stock sensors), and flashes it.
You turn off the key for 10 seconds, turn it back on, go back into autotune mode, and pull up the logging screen, which shows each cell with a hit count in each.
You ride the bike or run it on the dyno. As you get hits in each cell, not only does it increment the number in that cell, the cell changes colors, first to light green, then orange, then red to tell you that you've visited that cell enough. This ability to give constant feedback as to which cells you've hit and which you still need to hit, by just looking at the little display, is a HUGE advantage. Mount it where you can see it, a mount costs less than ten bucks.
When you're done, you tap the screen to export the learned values, and it saves the new tune in one of the slots, and you exit autotune mode
Now you flash that new tune with a couple more taps of the screen and presto, your bike runs better.

If you're narrow band autotuning, the bike won't run real well due to the lean mixture and reduced timing - that's true of all logging tuners though. But once you've finished and flashed the new tune, it'll run better. If you have the wideband kit, it runs just as well in autotune mode as it does out.

3.) For Dyno operators out there is it a hard system for yall to use/work with compared to SERT/TTS assuming the dyno guy has a open mind about it and dose have same tables you would find on SERT or dose have more tables that TTS offers

I find it enormously easier. When someone brings me a Powervision equipped bike, I just install the wideband kit, do the mapping, and remove the wideband kit (I have a wideband kit dedicated to my dyno). I can do a thorough VE mapping in less than half the time as any other system. I charge less than half as much as a result. The bikes run great.

Here's a screenshot of the logging screen that comes up during autotune:

This is pretty extreme, I did this on the dyno and you probably aren't going to hit one-tenth this many cells on a street ride, but it shows the screen and how easy the device makes it to do the whole logging process.

wolf_59

How far can you tune with the stock NB sensors? (Is it like TTS where you can only tune to 85 KPA with cells in Closed Loop)
At 6000' elevation KPA is only 83 so I'm able tune tune through 100% TPS would I be able to do this with PowerVision?

WideWildGlide

Thank you Jim and Aswracing for the Reply, And Aswracing Power vision should hire you to write for them i enjoyed reading your reply and i believe it has given me the push i needed, have you found any limit too the system yet? i have few 117-124ci bike that are wanting to go and one of the 120's are want to go pro-charged