May 01, 2024, 07:42:48 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

AZ Bike Week - HTT April Meet and Greet

Started by Joncin, March 04, 2009, 04:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joncin

March 04, 2009, 04:18:20 PM Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:43:55 PM by Joncin
AZ bike week is coming up March 27 - April 5.

I've always had the party after the races, but it doesn't look like there are any AHDRA drags this year, so I'm going to pick Saturday, April 4 as the official HTT Ride & BBQ day.

Check the link for the minor stuff happening during the week, but be HERE to rub elbows with some of the HTT brass. (present company excluded)  :wink:

The only rule to attend is that you let me know in advance so I know how many hamburgers to get.  :teeth:

http://www.azbikeweek.com/index.htm

CraigArizona85248

Count me in Jon!  Where are you thinking of riding to?

-Craig

still_on2_wheels

I'll be in town.

Anyone headed to Dos Gringos for the weekly Thurs bike night 3/4 (hosted by Chesters). Free raffle, blah blah blah. Mesa location off of Greenfield.

Jeff
Shiney side up please.

pj711

I'll be visiting my parents that week and have a bike lined up... but.. I will be leaving Friday the 3rd to head home to Detroit.

If anyone is getting together during the week sometime, I would like to go.

Thanks.
PJ - 2012 Road Glide Custom
D&D Boss 2>1, SE AI, SEST

CraigArizona85248

pj711,

What day are you getting into town?

-Craig

help-u2

sure Joncin,  one of my bikes should be running then....lol...
last time my sporty lost a gen and batt. 
will ride something newer this time...

Garry in AZ

Joncin,

I'm going to make it this year too... And I can eat a couple of burgers! (You don't get to look the way I do by missing a lot of meals)
Lookin forward to it... haven't seen some of the AZ posse in a long time. Thanks for the invite.

Garry
We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of SMART!

cosmiccowboy

Sounds good to me, just need to know where to meet up. only one burger for me

Blazing Saddles

I'll be in PHX from March 20 to 30.  Maybe a few of us could get together during that time period. My wife and I will be flying down from Calgary thus no bike. Will be visiting some friends in Surprise and will have wheels (4).

Blazin'

pj711

Craig, I will be arriving the morning of Tues 3/31 and staying until Friday evening.  Anyone get together anywhere, I would like to stop by.

I am getting a bike when I am there and plan on doing some riding.

Thanks.
PJ - 2012 Road Glide Custom
D&D Boss 2>1, SE AI, SEST

CraigArizona85248

Well, shoot!  Unfortunately I'll be working during the weekdays.  There will be a lot of bike activities around town during the days you are here.  It's AZ Bike Week March 27-April 5th.  Check this web site for info:  http://azbikeweek.com

-Craig

Joncin

I'm glad to see a couple of OF's are gonna be there.  :teeth:

I'm working my butt off during the week as well so my only real time off is on the weekend.

BTW Craig, nothing is set in stone and we've done quite a few routes over the years. I think my favorite is the Roosevelt lake loop up Hwy 87 and back through Globe on Hwy 60.

rattlecan

If this is on Saturday the 4th, I'll just have to make it.  :smilep:

Colt

Thanks fo rthe invitation, Jon.  I'm coming in on Wednesday the 1st and look forward to once more seeing some of the Arizona Bro's at your BB-Q.

Even Rattlenuts.

--Colt

ULTRADOG

anybody know how far from vegas  i will be in vegas the 25th till the 30th
HAVE A GOOD TIME ITS LATER THAN YOU THINK

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: ULTRADOG on March 18, 2009, 05:17:51 AM
anybody know how far from vegas  i will be in vegas the 25th till the 30th

~320 miles, 5 hours by car/bike

rattlecan

Quote from: Colt on March 17, 2009, 11:16:32 PM
Thanks fo rthe invitation, Jon.  I'm coming in on Wednesday the 1st and look forward to once more seeing some of the Arizona Bro's at your BB-Q.

Even Rattlenuts.

--Colt

Sorry Clot and Jon, I have to cancel due to a prescheduled dirt bike trip to Moab that got moved up.  :cry:

ChopperBob66

I would really like to attend the BBQ and meet some of you. Count me in.
Bob
MMC(SS) USN ret.
Phoenix, Az

Joncin

Great to see Colt and some others are gonna be there, but sorry to see that a few oldtimers like Rattlebob can't make it.

Anyone else that wants to come is welcome, just let me know in advance.

For anyone that has not been to my place before, please send me an email and I'll get back to you with directions.

joncin2003@yahoo.com

shelleybelle_43

Any act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Sunny California

CraigArizona85248

Looks like we'll have ChopperBob taking the place of RattlecanBob this year.  Sorry we won't see you this year Rattlecan.  It will be nice to meet some new faces from HTT.  Seems like every year we get to meet a few more.

-Craig

ChopperBob66

Whats kinda funny about me takin RattlecanBob's place, is (assuming that Rattlecan is in reference to painting from a spray can) I am a painter/ airbrush artist. So a painter named Bob will still be represented.  :hyst:
I need an address from Joncin.
And, BTW, if there is enough interest, maybe we could have a Jacuzzi party/ BBQ at my place one evening after a ride.  (as if there isn't enuff to do Az Bike Week already)
MMC(SS) USN ret.
Phoenix, Az

ChopperBob66

If there are any HTT members trailering in for Bike Week and don't want to leave their trailers outside the motel/hotel. I've got a large fenced in and locked backyard and can store a few trailers if needed.
Bob
MMC(SS) USN ret.
Phoenix, Az

CraigArizona85248

Bob,

Email Joncin at joncin2003@yahoo.com and he'll set you up with location info.  I can find my way to his house but have no idea what the address is.   :hyst:

-Craig

Just_T

Hello everybody!

Long time no see.

I just booked AZ Bike week for Fri-Sun and it sure would be nice to see some of the old gang again.

BTW, this is T (AKA Sporty T) of the old So. Cal misfits.
I lost Colts number some time ago but it would be nice to ride out there with him, Shelly I see you responded to this thread also, it would be nice to see you again also ;). Sure wish Bob (Rattlecan) could make it. I plan on arriving Friday and would like to ride to Tombstone on Saturday. It would be nice to catch up with you guys. You can always reach me at avrider@live.com anyone who wants can hit me up there and I'll give you my phone number.

Best regards,

T.

Joncin

Chopperbob and T,

I just sent you a couple of emails.

I think the ride will be one we did several years ago up Hwy 87, the loop around Roosevelt lake and then back to Phx via Globe and Hwy 60. It's a couple hundred easy miles and should only take 5-6 hours depending on how long we stop for lunch at Butcher Hook. 

It will be cool to see T again and meet a few new folks. :teeth:

(Now if I can just get the Hippo to surface)  :smile:

shelleybelle_43

(((((((((((((((((T))))))))))))) how the heck are you?

Sunny California

Just_T

Hey Shelley  :)
I'm doing well thank you. I was thinking about Tombstone on Saturday but the ride Joncin has planned looks a lot better so I'll try to catch you guys that morning. BTW, I'll be staying in Scotsdale so hopefully I'll be close to other OFOPOS's and the Bike week activities.

T.

4DWUDS

Yea, Yea, Yea, I will be there also, gotta have somebody to drink up the excess. :teeth:
To Err is human, To Forgive Divine. Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy.

CraigArizona85248

4DWUDS, you got your WL registered yet?

4DWUDS

Nope, Don't like how AZ puts that sticker on the frame so I am going to look into Broadway Title service or something similar and try to get a real title for it. No telling what happened to the original or any way of finding out. Prolly ride my Buell to Joncins, maybe I can keep up with some of the OFOPOS that way. :wink:

CraigArizona85248

Yeah... the dillweeds at the DMV are hard to deal with.  That's how I ended up with a blue tag on my frame but my title says "1949 Harley-Davidson FL"... go figure.  I've gone back and read the statutes regarding titleing and blue tags and they guy at the DMV was way off base when he stuck the blue tag on my bike.  I've thought about trying to get it straightend out through Broadway title but haven't decided if it's worth my time.  At least the got the year and make correct on the title.

Wow... last year was a bagger w/ sidecar, this year a Buell.  Is this a mid-life crisis?  :hyst:

See you on April 4th!

-Craig

boxs

Joncin- if the invite is still open I'd like to join you and meet everyone..

Boxs

help-u2

Joncin
message sent on this site for your address.   been a couple years since i been to your place.
last year sporty quit charging half way there at night....ahem....it charges fine now but dont want to tempt fate.
will bring buell so wd wont feel all alone riding off breed bike...

4DWUDS

Don't you mean so I will have company while we wait on the others to catch up. :wink:

CraigArizona85248

I may have to catch up... but I'll be catchin' up in style  :hyst:

4DWUDS

Garry in AZ

Okay... damnittt... timing sucks!!   I'm going to have to bail on this years festivities as well. I'll be helping out a buddy of mine who's racing at the NHRA event that weekend in Las Vegas and is short crew members. Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to it!!!

Garry
We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of SMART!

help-u2

well yeah,.  lol...waiting for them to catch up...but it was a rare moment that i was being nice..

Joncin

I think I've replied to everyone that wanted address info. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

The plan is to meet at the Shell station on the corner of McDowell and Hwy 87 at 9:30 am on Saturday, April 4th. We'll leave at 10:00 when everyone shows up, and head north to Butcher Hook restaurant at Roosevelt lake for gas and lunch. Then continue on to Globe for another gas stop, and on to my place for burgers.

I'm supplying food and non-alchoholic beverages, if you want beer or liquor, it's BYOB.  (Not that I'm opposed to drinking, I just can't afford it) :teeth:

Colt

Lookiing forward to that ride, Jon.  I've been through the Miami/Globe/Superior area numerous times en route to see Mom's family in Clifton and have often wondered what was beyond some of those hills.  With T and some of the others coming along this is going to be good. 

I'm all geeked.

--Colt

CraigArizona85248

Just to repeat the ride plan....

The plan is to meet at the Shell station on the corner of McDowell and Hwy 87 at 9:30 am on Saturday, April 4th. We'll leave at 10:00 when everyone shows up, and head north to Butcher Hook restaurant at Roosevelt lake for gas and lunch. Then continue on to Globe for another gas stop, and on to my place for burgers.

See you at the Shell station at 9:30(ish)!

-Craig

Just_T

Sorry to report I have a last minute cancelation. Out riding and got a trany seal leak. Got the bike in the shop but expense and time bumped me out of my Az ride. Colt left me a message and I was looking forward to riding with the old gasng again. Colt leave me a message again with your number and I'll make sure to do a local ride with you real soon.

Have fun everyone!

T.

Joncin

Sorry you can't make it T. I was looking forward to seeing you again.

We'll catch you the next time.

CraigArizona85248

Joncin,

Thanks for putting together the ride and hosting the BBQ afterwards.  I had a great time yesterday.  It was good to see you, 4DWUDS, Hippo, Colt and his girlfriend.  And of course I got to meet some new faces... Ken, Dan, Carlos and Larry (did I get the last guys name right?).

-Craig

Joncin

Yeah Craig, it was great to see everyone again. The ride was a little cold and windy, and I forgot my camera, but overall it was a great day. I know Colt and Ken took some ride pics, so maybe they can be coaxed to post a few.  :teeth:

Back at the ranch

Hippo was so happy he was dancing a jig right in his chair.

TwistedSister

<heavy  sigh>   Sure  woulda  liked  to  have  been  there  Jon !!! 
Looks  like  a  good  list  of  hooligans    :up:
LMAO  @  The  Hippo dancin'  in  his  chair !!!
Did  The  Hippo  bring  Bubbles  or  is  he  gettin'  to  where  he  leaves  her  home  these  dayzzz   :pop:
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

boxs

Hey, it was a great ride and it was nice to meet everyone.  I only took a few pictures, here's
a couple.

Thanks for organizing a good event Jon- see you all again.

Ken

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

rattlecan

Really sorry I missed you guys this year, but I did have a legitimate excuse.  http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450567

4DWUDS

OK Bob, your excused this time, but don't let it happen again. And now that I know your over on the ADV board there is no escaping.

shelleybelle_43

Sunny California

Joncin

Man o man Bob, Yer too old for that kind of stuff.

(What I said) Yer too old for that kind of stuff.

(What I meant) I wish I still rode dirt bikes.
  :teeth:

rattlecan

You got that right. I don't think I'll ever go camping again.  lol