May 10, 2024, 12:17:13 AM

News:

bike lifts. what do you run?

Started by greenshovel0014, March 12, 2014, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hattitude

Quote from: Udawg on December 10, 2015, 04:10:40 PM
I'm really happy with the Quality Lift I bought about 5 years ago. I am just building a new shop so I formed out a pit to put it in while we were pouring the concrete to set it in. The older you get, the less you want to balance these bikes up on ramps.

Great job!    :up:

My only regret when I built my shop, was NOT sinking the lift table so it was flush with the floor. Here I am, a year later, and I'm sick of moving around the ramps and riding/balancing the bike up the ramps..... Not to mention, if the Limited was dead, it would be a bear to push up the ramp!

Right after the first of the year I will be cutting into the floor to sink the lift table.... can't wait!

Udawg

Thanks hatttitude! When I did mine I also ran a 2" pvc pipe over to the wall with an elbow and short stack on it so I could run the lines through it. Now I don't have to worry about tripping over the hoses to the foot pedals.

Wicked

I bought this Handy knock-off a few years ago. Did have to replace the cylinder seals because the cheap manufacturing left sharp edges on the piston and head...
[attach=0]
I added hinges to the ramp with a lever to hold it up in place for lowering
[attach=1]
Home made front wheel chock, always straps to bars or lower tree
[attachimg=3]
Using that and this scissor jack, I jack the rear of the bike up off the wheel for rear change-outs.
[attachimg=4]
To remove front wheel, I use this rear wheel block and strap the rear down tight...
[attachimg=5]
....then using a regular flat jack under the front of bike frame, jack bike up a little then open the front chock...
[attachimg=6]