May 08, 2024, 07:59:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Elecrical Question

Started by 2glides, March 31, 2014, 12:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2glides

Hello, 1997 FLHTC, When I use the directionals or 4-ways, when the lights blink, the speedo light dims accordingly. I have looked at all of the connections and grounds, but haven't found anything yet. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
2Glides

harpwrench

My 90 drops the volt gauge needle a lot with the blink, subscribed!

Dan89flstc

Clean the connections and grounds. Clean the bulb socket.
US Navy Veteran
A&P Mechanic

Rugby_fxdwg

LOL, mine has done this for the last 93K miles.... Let us know if there needs to be a fix.
1996 80" Wide Glide 10.5-1 85HP/85Ft; 1999 Ultra 95" 6speed; 1989 FXRS

2glides

I was thinking about this today while working on the bike. I noticed that the rear fender tip dims as well. The thing they all have in common is that they are all tied into the accessory switch. That's as far as I got as I was working on getting the fairing and other assorted pieces back on the bike. I'm going to go for a ride tomorrow, so I'll have to get back to it later.
Thanks and I'll let you know if I find it.
2Glides

Hossamania

I would re-check grounds, and connections. I'm assuning the switch is located in the fork tins. I would try running an auxilary ground directly from the battery to the tin or just touch the switch to eliminate that as an issue. Double check to make sure the ground is installed from the riser bolt to the triple tree.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.