September 20, 2024, 08:28:22 PM

News:

Question on those Quick Detachable Lock Barrel Keys

Started by YFOPOS1, April 15, 2014, 09:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YFOPOS1

Are those small barrel keys all the same or are they (supposedly)  different like the barrel keys for the ignition.

I bought a Tour pack that has the bracket and detachable hardware with those locks on it. They sold the bike and gave the keys to the new buyer not thinking about the ones on the tour pack hardware...

Hogman

I Can't answer on EVERYONE of them, BUT, on a Poker run one day, a few guys were standing around Trying to find a Missing Key for one of their Detachables, and another Dude came up and SAYS, They're all the same, use mine for now.
Well, we tried 3 bikes altogether, and it opened/unlocked all three.........   :nix:
Hogman

YFOPOS1

Thanks, was thinking they did, kinda like on travel trailers /toy boxes for the side storage doors , the companies only have so many keys , so a lot of them are the same key. Even different makers. My friend has a 09 Toy box and his storage key fits my 01 MH storage side doors...

truck

Any barrel key will open a fuel door on an Electra Glide, so if you're at a gas station and don't have your key just ask to borrow the soda machine key.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.