May 06, 2024, 08:08:10 AM

News:

Kuryakyn Junk Again

Started by 96FLSTF, March 07, 2009, 03:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96FLSTF

Just wanted to throw this out there. Had their Panacea tail light and LED front & rear turns on my Road King. On the turn there is 3 little plastic tabs that hold them on. Last year one on the front broke & fell off. Called them, figured it was a freak thing, blew it off and bought a new set of 2 ($40 for just the lenses). Oh & they wouldn't replace them because they were just over a year old. So today I go for a ride and one of the rear turns is hanging by the wires. The same plastic tab broke. but this rear LED turn consists of the LED board also so the are a bit more expensive at $113 a pair. I checked my receipt & these are just over 2 years old and their warranty only states a year. But GEZZZ, you would think they should last longer. So anyhow after Monday's call to them to complain I will post if they still replace them. Otherwise, I'm done with Kuryakyn.

I'm Done, Stick a fork in me....................
Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

Horizonmech

Ya, I learned that lesson couple of years ago ....good chrome but,  somewhat crappy performance......
"See ya round....if ya don't turn oblong"

Princess Butt

I bought a shifter linkage from them, it lasted about 6 months. I didn't bother with the warranty. I just put the stocker back on, and it's worked flawlessly since.

I'll buy Kuryakyn footpegs. That's it.

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

ThumperDeuce

I am happy with their fork brace, iso-grips and matching foot pegs.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

Skullfork

I've had two of the China junk deep dish turn signal bezels that broke just like yours.  I really like the looks of them, but I won't buy anymore.  You'd think for what they charge, quality could be a lot better.  Like BnEUltraClassic said, their pegs seem good ...I have a set of the iso hwy pegs and really like them.

xxxflhrci

I've always thought most of their stuff is cheesy looking junk.

tireater

The chrome does not hold up near the beach... :down:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Six Blues

Quote from: tireater on March 07, 2009, 07:25:05 PM
Ditto, of course some of Harley's chrome isn't much better. The Panacea setup is very dim. Maybe they've improved it, but I took mine off once I realized how dim they were.

Skullfork

Quote from: Six Blues on March 07, 2009, 07:40:36 PM
Quote from: tireater on March 07, 2009, 07:25:05 PM
Ditto, of course some of Harley's chrome isn't much better. The Panacea setup is very dim. Maybe they've improved it, but I took mine off once I realized how dim they were.

You're right about that. The Panacea's LED's don't even come close to how bright the Radiantz LED's are that I run.

96flhpi

Quote from: xxxflhrci on March 07, 2009, 06:49:51 PM
I've always thought most of their stuff is cheesy looking junk.

I'll second that!!!

ukrmh

I hate to be contrary, but I've had pretty good luck with Kuryakyn products.
A couple of years ago, while in Sturgis, I rode up to their trailer and asked them to adjust the passenger footpegs on my RKC; one was really loose.  The installer got right on it, and rather than try to replace he little clutch in the loose one, he just took a new set off the shelf and installed them for me- no charge!  He didn't even ask for a receipt or anything!  He let me have the old footpegs, too.
I thought that was pretty good customer service!
I have bought quite a few of their other products since them for my new Ultra, and have not had any problem with any of it.  I have never bought any of their electrical stuff, so maybe those products leave something to be desired.
Ride safe.
Bob

calbyker69

I bought their LED brake/stop/tail lamp a couple of years ago, and after getting it all hardwired in found out it was wired backwards. Brakelight came on with the headlights which meant no actual brakelight. Thought it was me and re-wired it, no good that way either. :wtf: I figured it was just a fluke and took it back to the shop I purchased it from for an exchange. They went thru their entire inventory and found all 17 of them were wired the same way. Last Kuryakn junk I have purchased.

someday69

And there iso grips,,have the rubber "inserts" that you must attach during installation..well like any rubber that gets lots of sun they degrade....and get kind'a sticky to the touch...
  NO they don't make replacements...you have to buy the whole damm thing....thats not right...it's planned obsolesence....it's wrong,,,and I think I will never buy anything from them ever....I say they don;t have good customer service with me...so screw'em....If I have to buy a hole new handle grip...then it woun't be from them....I guess I should start look'in round for something even better than an iso=grip....someday...

Kansas

I had planned on ordering the Isogrips on Tuesday.  Maybe I better look around for other options.  I am ordering a set of their Trigger hand levers which are the berries for those of us with small hands.

truck

I only have three Kuriakin parts on my bike and my experience with them has been good.
Adjustable passenger pegs
Mounting bracket to move the tour pack back a couple of inches
Trailer hitch

No problems with any of that stuff.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Big Dan

I run their grips, boards, tourpak relocator, and highway pegs. Perfectly happy with all of them.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

hdpegscraper

Im not a chrome guy, but I sure do like their cams.

PosseRider

I have had the pancea run,brake,& t/s setup on my bike for 5 yrs & 77,000 miles. No probs at all. Maybe ya had the stealer install em. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
PosseRider
Vandalia,Ohio

L-

Don't ever, ever trust there foot pegs!!!  I had a set on the FXR, stood up coming in the drive way after pulling a wheelie and the left one broke off. NO REPLACEMENT !! 

L-

Blazing Saddles

I've been running their foot pegs front and rear plus the heel rests and adjustable rear set up for years with no problems. Gotta say that if I could find a manufacturer who made the same kind of thing in billet steel I would buy them instead.

Blazin'

88b

Quote from: hdpegscraper on March 08, 2009, 12:57:17 PM
Im not a chrome guy, but I sure do like their cams.

I was pleasantly impressed too

Jim Bronson

Quote from: PosseRider on March 08, 2009, 01:59:13 PM
I have had the pancea run,brake,& t/s setup on my bike for 5 yrs & 77,000 miles. No probs at all. Maybe ya had the stealer install em. :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:
When I checked my new Panacea in the garage, they looked beautiful. But my buddy noticed how dim they were in the sunlight. Heavycycles or Radiantz are much brighter. No doubt the Panacea are reliable, but they are way lower in brightness than other setups unless they've been improved. I have Heavycycles now and I'm very satisfied. I had to wait several weeks for the order, but it was worth it.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

96FLSTF

I take back my bad comment about Kuryakyn. I finally got around to calling them today. Understanding that my turns were almost 3 years old & their warranty is for 1 year I didn't expect any replacement or refund. I figured I would just ask maybe I done something wrong causing them to break or maybe suggest a different less brittle plastic. And to see if I can just cut the LED pod out of the bezel and purchase new bezels using the original bezels. After a short conversation with Brian there at Kuryakyn they even offered to replace the broken bezels at no charge. I just had to provide and email a receipt from where I bought them, which I had. Even after 3 years.

GOOD JOB KURYAKYN :up:

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

seattledyna

they musta been reading this thread :wink:

HyperDetroit

I had a bad luck of buying their ISO hand grips. The left one had the inside rubber piece break into two.  Called their customer service, the reply I got was:"Take it back to where you bought it."  I told them I ordered them through the mail, they said "send it back to them".  They would not let me send it to them directly to replace it, so I say forget it.  Done, lesson learned.  I had problem with Crane ignition, they were right on the ball, told me where to send it for repairs and instead of repairing it, they sent me a new one, no questions asked.  I am sad they are out of business, because their products were great and customer service second to none.
Всё в руках божьих

Blazing Saddles

Bought a set of LED tail light bulbs and the semi-clear smoked lenses from Kuryyakkin' at Sturgis.  I believed the signal lights would be brighter but later a riding friend commented on how dim my signals were. I checked them in the day light and then in my dark garage and they were pitiful compared to the old bulbs and orange lenses. Needless to say I ditched the Kuryyakkin' stuff - safety first.

Blazin'

VAWAS

I have their grips, footpegs, mirrors, fork brace, axle covers, fuel gauge and gas cap  and have had nothing but good luck.  The grips have been on since 1998 with no problem.  Mirror and pegs only replace upon dropping bike.  Had transmission cover that was returned for a refund shortly after buying.  Had carburetor cover that was returned at 1 year.  Also found they had the best price on a Mikuni carburetor.

Not to be difficult but they are my favorite vendor.