May 08, 2024, 02:33:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

T-MAX

Started by Jacob1955, April 29, 2014, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob1955

I have been running t-max now for about 2 years,really like it,never a problem and i can  adjust about anything that i want to mess with,it seems to do the perfect job but (and there's always a but)i would love to lower the cold start idle,seems awful high around 1400rpm,it starts falling as it warms up which its suppose to do,but is it possible to lower the cold start fast idle down,,Thanks Jacob

q1svt

Not sure which version you have but the TMaxII open the 'Idle Curves' tab, then the 'Idle Speed RPM (offsets) vs Engine Temp' OR with SMLIV open the 'IAC Curves' tab, then the 'Idle Speed vs Engine Temp'...  in both there is a high and low RPM based on temperature.

My map starts @ 1199* cold start.
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Admiral Akbar

Don't mess with the IAC curves..  Just the  'Idle Speed vs Engine Temp' table..   On the newer version its the "IDLE Speed RPM (offset) vs Engine Temp"

No more IAC stuff on the Gen 3 units..

Max

q1svt

sound like there's an echo...
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Jacob1955

Hey,,thanks guys,,,after you all told me how to change things and looking at it,i realized i knew how,just couldn't get my brain in gear i guess,,Thanks so much,,,,Jacob

Admiral Akbar

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901