May 09, 2024, 03:30:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need eductaed on spark adavnce with cam change

Started by Latrobedyna, May 10, 2014, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latrobedyna

May 10, 2014, 08:31:35 PM Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:41:07 AM by Latrobedyna
I recently chucked a set of 57-H cams in my 06 street bob. Now i have a fairly good crasp on the AFR stuff. But what i am wondering is should i screw around with the spark advance on my Power Vision tuner. I wish there was a  better way to show them. But any how  any one have advice on if or where i should make any changes. Thanks Folk's Oh it is a stock 88" with  Andrews 57H cams Rush 2.25 in baffles on factory head pipes. and Screaming eagle A/C

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
2006 FXDB , 95" 57H +4% cam, 10:25 pistons: Ported head's. Lots a fun

fatboy

Latrobedyna

Well i guess it does help to show both  :smilep: But i am still wondering if i need to or should tweak them any? I have no sign of pinging in the motor and it runs strong till around 5K where i wish it had some more umph. The afr tables are 13.8 down to 12.6 of course i realize that's a moot point with out the graph. But suffice to say i feel i have them all set nice from the way bike responds. Maybe it all i can expect from my set up but i am hoping i can squeeze some more out of it some place. and no can not afford dyno time although i really love it.

strokerjlk

if it isn't pinging ,you did good . it has plenty of timing already .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Latrobedyna

Ok thanks Stroker i stop while i am ahead then