May 09, 2024, 06:32:18 AM

News:

installing new version TTS

Started by happyman, September 18, 2012, 05:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

Have a new version of TTS on the way to my door for the 13 SG. Already a version i used on my 10 ultra limited, on the puter.
question is, should i delete everything on my puter that has to do with TTS before i slip the new disk in and download the new version?

Thanks

Steve Cole

No, just run your current updater program and download the new files and your good. There are a few files that are NOT updated yet but those will be completed by end of the week.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

burgies08ultra

what does the firmware update do?? it does not work for me??/
burgie
2013 road glide,2009 road king

Steve Cole

The HD06 Firmware updater is only for the new interface. It allows us to do field upgrades to the interface for future changes we have in the works without the need to return it to us. For an old setup it's not needed.

burgies08ultra

can i send n my current tts and get a 2 bike tuner with the updated firmware???
how much???
thanks
burgie

Steve Cole

The old interface can be updated to a dual one but cannot be updated to the new one, sorry.

happyman

[quote autho1r=Steve Cole link=topic=55632.msg586881#msg586881 date=1348017017]
No, just run your current updater program and download the new files and your good. There are a few files that are NOT updated yet but those will be completed by end of the week.
[/quote
To do the download do use the  disk?
Thanks

burgies08ultra

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 18, 2012, 07:31:18 PM
The old interface can be updated to a dual one but cannot be updated to the new one, sorry.
ok, what will i b missing out on by not being able to get the new interface???
burgie

Coyote

Quote from: burgies08ultra on September 18, 2012, 08:03:28 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on September 18, 2012, 07:31:18 PM
ok, what will i b missing out on by not being able to get the new interface???
burgie

I think nothing. If I understand correctly, the only benefit would be with faster data acquisition on CANBUS bikes.

burgies08ultra

hrdtail78

You'll miss field upgrades also.  What upgrades??  I've heard some rumor. I will stick with the older VCI until an update comes along that I can't live without.
Semper Fi

HogBag

Hardtail
I bet that don't take long.
:beer:

wurk_truk

Oh No!

Steve Cole

The new electronics and software are slightly faster on the J1850 bikes but I would not switch to a new one for that. CAN buss is 2011 Softail only 2012 -2013 Softail and Dyna models only. The CAN buss bikes run at over 4 times the speed of a J1850 bike and your vtune time is cut at least in half over a J1850 bike. As the updates get added in the field to the new units, then new units will do more on both model bikes but for now that's where it stands.

The old software will stay as it is and there will be no further updates to it, only the new Mastertune2 software package will receive updates. Mastertune2 works with both the old interface along with the new one so you can all switch to the new software just by running your updater if you like.

happyman

so the touring are not can buss??

Steve Cole

Correct but my bet is 2014 the touring bikes are going to switch over to CAN as well.

DrSpencer

Quote from: Steve Cole on September 19, 2012, 05:33:36 PM
The new electronics and software are slightly faster on the J1850 bikes but I would not switch to a new one for that. CAN buss is 2011 Softail only 2012 -2013 Softail and Dyna models only. The CAN buss bikes run at over 4 times the speed of a J1850 bike and your vtune time is cut at least in half over a J1850 bike. As the updates get added in the field to the new units, then new units will do more on both model bikes but for now that's where it stands.

The old software will stay as it is and there will be no further updates to it, only the new Mastertune2 software package will receive updates. Mastertune2 works with both the old interface along with the new one so you can all switch to the new software just by running your updater if you like.

For those who have the old/black dongle, should we use continue to use the old version of Datamaster & V-Tune, or now use the newer version, Datamaster2 & V-Tune2?

Thanks

Hilly13

If your doing it yourself use the latest software and the MT8's, some dynotuners will disagree.
Just because its said don't make it so

wolf_59

I had repeated issues trying to use MT2 and DM2 failing to recognize that it was hooked up to the bike, finding com ports etc. I'm not that great with computers and hate it when issues arise, so went back to using MT1 and DM1 no issues there.
DM2 when Vtuning using a remote monitor of sorts the cells turn light blue when enough data has been gathered very nice feature instead of which shade of green is enough

hrdtail78

I use the newer stuff to tune with. Even if customer has the older HD04. 
Semper Fi

strokerjlk

Quote from: hrdtail78 on September 18, 2012, 10:01:25 PM
You'll miss field upgrades also.  What upgrades??  I've heard some rumor. I will stick with the older VCI until an update comes along that I can't live without.

QuotePosted by: wurk_truk
« on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012. 07:42:54 AM.

Analog inputs...  yeeee Haaaaw! 

Blast from the past.
Man I can't wait for those inputs  :hyst:

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory