May 08, 2024, 12:05:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2006 Sportster 1200R TSM

Started by Scuba Steve, May 05, 2014, 06:46:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scuba Steve

I have a blown TSM module PN 68920-01D. Does anyone know will other TSM modules ie 68920-07 will be compatible or other one work and effect the performance  of the Bike?

Thanks in Advance

Scuba Steve

Did I ask A stupid Question or could somebody point me in the right direction?

RevFastEddy

Quote from: Scuba Steve on May 05, 2014, 09:46:11 AM
Did I ask A stupid Question or could somebody point me in the right direction?

This is a Twin Cam forum not the Sportster forum....  From the looks of your post this should be asked to the folks that might know better on Sportsters.
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

I have a blown TSM module (PN 68920-01D). Does anyone know if other TSM modules will interchange ie 68920-07?

Thanks in Advance

FSG

The 68920-01D is quite a common TSM used across all models up until '06, in '07 the changed to a NEW Smart Security System that had a Hands/button-free Security   Fob.  The new ones also had a Clutch switch input which your bike does not have.

In short, no the 68920-07 wont interchange.   Find the right TSM, there should be plenty of them out there.

Scuba Steve

Thanks for your input. i can find plenty of used ones just not that particular model. guess i will have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. again thanks for your input.

FSG

What is "blown" with the one you have?

Scuba Steve

Left turn will not work, also smells burnt.