May 05, 2024, 03:34:45 PM

News:

Good Economy

Started by Anthony, March 09, 2009, 04:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclark311

There no stocking Webers, because they are a high end grill, and they are afraid no one will buy them, and then they are stuck with them. Its the whole mental attitude towards this recession. If people thought differently, it would end faster. But its hard to think that way, when people you know are losing jobs!

apehair

Quote from: 02roadcling on March 12, 2009, 06:15:39 AM
When we become a communist nation and everybody gets the same, I wonder which model of new HD we will all ride. How the heck will we be able to find our bike in the parking lot? Think they will all be red?

Roadkling, if we become a communist nation you won't need to find "your" bike.  They will all belong to everyone, so just grab the one closest to you.  LOL.  Keys?  Reds don't need no stinkin' keys! 

Out here in the front range of Colorado I'm seeing a lot more cars with paper plates.  And the restaurants are full, if not crowded.  Saturday my favorite dealership in Denver was mobbed.  Not sure how many were buying, but it was packed with bikers.  We're not Michigan, though.

ape

76shuvlinoff

Jam,
congrats and enjoy your freedom. I started in 79 as a molding press operator and I've done every job in the place except for sitting on the board. I completed my machine repair apprenticeship (non union) in 85.  Fortunately we are not heavily tied to automotive and being in Michigan that's a real trick. However for every automotive job lost there's a ripple effect, I'm not kidding myself there.  We primarily  injection mold parts for Whirlpool with some automotive sprinkled in. That job mix has kept us alive albeit not so secure that we can relax. Lots of good people have gotten their walking papers in the last couple months and it's a very very small town.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway